2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#263373 - 11/12/05 04:38 PM Ditching the Long Trails on my 05 SE for Revos. Question abt size?? >>
Anonymous
Unregistered

Note, I've been searching/reading thru this forum (and the Next Generation) for hrs now and I hope I didn't miss what I was looking for.

My question deals with pros/cons of sticking with stock size of 265/65/17 vs. the larger 265/70/17? Is there any benefit to switching to the 70 series tire? Conversely, is there any reason NOT to switch to the 70 size tire?

99% of my use is on-road, but I'd like to be able to get out in the woods if I wanted to. I'm fairly confident that the Revo is the right tire for my needs, but I'm just not sure if I should go with the 70 or 65 size? Thanks for any help.

What finally made me decide to get new tires is that after 1000 miles on the long trails, we got over a foot of snow this weekend and I must admit that the stock long trails did pretty well in the deep stuff...HOWEVER, once the snow melted and I was left with wet roads...the Long Trails SUCKED!! No surprise to any of you I'm sure.

#263374 - 11/12/05 07:34 PM Re: Ditching the Long Trails on my 05 SE for Revos. Question abt size?? >>
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The larger diameter sizes give better ground clearance, and a longer contact patch, which is useful for better braking, flotation and climbing situations.

Staying with the 265 section width won't help lateral acceleration or improve flotation.

The Revo's will be better than the ones you are replacing.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal