shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#263791 - 02/07/03 08:10 PM new tires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi my stock tire is run thin so I looking for new tire. Right the two I looking at is the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV and the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S. Any suggestion would be very helpful. My X is 2001SE auto.
Thanks [Spit]

#263792 - 02/07/03 08:20 PM Re: new tires
Anonymous
Unregistered

I is maybe try www.tirerack.com have they some good information about xterra tires for your xterra.

#263793 - 02/07/03 09:03 PM Re: new tires
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
I bought a pair of Dunlop Radial Rover A/T's from Tire Rack. Ordered them late on Thursday night and Monday the UPS guy dropped them in the lobby at work (where I had them delivered).

I have nothing but good things to say about them. Great selection, great prices and the shipping was actually pretty reasonable, from what I remember.

On the other hand, if you're in Canada, not sure how the customs and shipping will affect you price-wise.

#263794 - 03/07/03 10:06 AM Re: new tires
Booya Offline

Loc: Utah
BFG AT's for slick rock, rain and snow and they wear down well on the street. You can air down below 10psi with these as well. Down side... not good for mud.

#263795 - 07/07/03 05:18 PM Re: new tires
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Booya:
BFG AT's for slick rock, rain and snow and they wear down well on the street. You can air down below 10psi with these as well. Down side... not good for mud.
I was thinking about getting the BFG All-Terrains just to have more traction, I don't do any extreme Offroad, but, I do use muddy and rocky trails and go to the Sandy Beaches.... the grabbers just don't have any traction...can anyone out there, give me more Pro VS Cons on these Tires before purchashing them? or is their a better tire out there for my needs...appreciate any feedback...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#263796 - 08/07/03 05:49 AM Re: new tires
Anonymous
Unregistered

I debated that for some time as well; as I run the BFG's on my big truck.

However, I went with the highest rated tire in terms of what people are saying about highway, street ride, as well as their belief that the Bridgestone Dueler Revo's were performing better in the snow, rain, sand and could clear mud better then BFG All-terrains. If you go to tirerack.com, and look up the Bridgestone's you can see other people's reviews on these tires.

I for one have had them for about 2 weeks; they're great.

#263797 - 08/07/03 06:57 AM Re: new tires
WiPeOuT Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I bought the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires a few months ago and they are absolutely awesome! My wife and I do about 95% of my annual driving on pavement so I was honest with myself and went with this tire. I had no idea that a set of tires could make such a difference in how a vehicle drives/rides/handles. The difference in wet road handling is absolutely amazing. I have done a little off-road driving in some mud and tires did great. I would definitely suggest dropping the $$$ for the Cross Terrains!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal