shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#264310 - 03/02/03 12:03 PM Which set-up should I buy
blacksmoke Offline

Loc: Agua Dulce, CA
Help me out. I've got a 2000 X 4x4 XE.
I do moderate offroading -- nothing too demanding.
Seeking to improve the overall ride and handling of the vehicle -- and improve the look.

I want a straight-forward lift kit. Something I can have installed without having to massive modifications to mounts, alignments, etc..

I've seen the 3" Calmini set-up, which looks like a complete kit. Everything I'll need, including upgraded torsions. Good stuff?

Also, will I run into any issues going to
31x 10.5 x15 tires on aftermarket rims? I'm anticipating minor trimming of mud-flaps.

That's about it. Opinions appreciated -- as well as where to buy for lowest prices.

Thanks.

dh

#264311 - 03/02/03 12:42 PM Re: Which set-up should I buy
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Black,

Yeah the CALMINI lift kit is good stuff IMO. The shocks could be better and I would go with Bilstiens for those and the quick rear discos if you're concerned with handling/rear articulation.

For "moderate offroading -- nothing too demanding" you really don't need a lift kit IMO. Lots of club members run stock with upgraded tires or just go w/ AAL (SLR's are the best IMO) + torsion bar djustment plus the tires and they do fine on moderate and even some difficult trails.

Lifts can improve the look for but don't count much on an improvement in the overall ride and handling of the vehicle on the highway. Another thing to consider with a full lift is the wear & tear on your steering…the stock setup doesn't really hold up well and you may end up going through centerlinks, tie-rods, etc. if you don't also get a steering system.

Depends on the aftermarket rims backspacing with 31's if you will have clearance problems. Search this forum for more info on that.

Lowest prices for what?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal