2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#264332 - 25/02/05 06:24 AM abs
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi, everybody
i have a question about the abs in my 04 xterra 4x4 it has the abs in all wheels, anyway this is my question, the other day it snowed really bad here where i live (harrisburg pa.) the xterra handle the snow like a dream, the only thing is that i heard a loud clicking in the front wheels when i come to stop and press the brake pedal real hard, i can feel the truck sliding on the snow, that's when i feel the clicking on the pedal too. do you guys think this is normal?

#264333 - 25/02/05 06:36 AM Re: abs
Anonymous
Unregistered

ABS brakes pump themselves, that's why you don't have to. That clicking means that the ABS is kicking in and working. Don't take your foot off the bake when that happens, just keep slow steady pressure on it.

#264334 - 25/02/05 09:06 AM Re: abs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read your owner's manual:
Slight vibration on the brake pedal accompanied by noise usually occurs while the ABS system is operating. Such vibration and noise encountered during abrupt braking is not a problem, but indicates that the system is functioning.

#264335 - 25/02/05 09:19 AM Re: abs
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Sounds about right, as others have noted.

My first word of advice to anyone buying a vehicle with ABS is to go find an empty stretch of road (dry, wet, snow-covered, etc.), get up to an appropriate speed for conditions and just stamp on the brake pedal to experience what ABS feels like.

I usually do that with each vehicle I purchase just to see any handling quirks that accompany ABS activation, if any.

#264336 - 25/02/05 11:44 AM Re: abs
Anonymous
Unregistered

all undestood, thank you very much guys!!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal