2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#264804 - 21/08/02 12:08 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:
Please send the CNC shock spacers to the person who purchased your arms or have him contact us at 928-667-4757.
???? I'm not sure what you're referring to. Were these already on the shocks?

#264805 - 21/08/02 12:44 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Spencer, that email is from August of last year, long before anyone saw your steering system.

The earliest photo or information you gave me was March 2002. After looking it over, I decided it was not something I wanted on my truck.

When should I expect my check for $2565 ?

#264806 - 21/08/02 01:26 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by DesertRAT:
As you said, we should only post FACTS. However, my guess is that Spencer decided not to let you test the parts for free, so at that point you decided the upgrade wasn't good enough for whatever reason.
I don't think Ian ever said it was a poor design, just over priced. You do realize that the Calmini setup is 1/2 the cost with no hassle about core returns. Even with the returns, it's up to SLR to judge if you get the refund on the parts.

#264807 - 21/08/02 01:40 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
Spencer Low Racing Offline

Loc: Parker
Aero Steve:

CNC spacers are put on the shocks by SLR. They are on the front Bilstein shocks.

These spacers will space your shock down 3/8" to protect the shock from bottoming out with SLR's upper control arms. You will not need these spacers with your new setup. The shocks will be stroking the same amount of shock as OEM.

YOU WILL NOT GAIN ANY ADDITIONAL WHEEL TRAVEL

xoc:

"Spencer, that email is from August of last year, long before anyone saw your steering system.

The earliest photo or information you gave me was March 2002. After looking it over, I decided it was not something I wanted on my truck.

When should I expect my check for $2565 ?"

I said You said = wasted time.

There's no winning with an administrator.

We both know what we have talked about.

As for the $2565, put as credit for the next review on Stage 10. [Laughing]

This thread is going nowhere. Back to work.

Contact if problems or questions at 928-667-4757.

>>>SLR

#264808 - 21/08/02 01:59 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
I recall this conversation and you were amped to get the SLR setup on your truck until the price was announced a couple days later. At that point you decided you didn't want it.

As you said, we should only post FACTS. However, my guess is that Spencer decided not to let you test the parts for free, so at that point you decided the upgrade wasn't good enough for whatever reason.
Yep, go read the thread. Nothing ever showed up at my house. I waited a month (actually 3 months from my original phone call from SLR stating "it is shipping this week").

Spencer never said anything about me buying the system. He said he would "send one out for me to test and review".

Then he posted online about it being $900 and I said "too expensive" before I even knew he was going to charge me for it.

I offer a service here. I exchange advertisement for parts. I review parts for vendors. I help vendors develop products.

I have no interest in spending $900 on $300 worth of parts. I told Spencer that on the phone. I told him that if the price was more reasonable, I might be interested in buying it. Now, I could give a fuck as there is a much better solution on the way at a much better price.

So, what kind of deal did SLR give you on your steering system to hawk it on all the boards ?

#264809 - 21/08/02 02:00 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Low Racing:
As for the $2565, put as credit for the next review on Stage 10.
That will come in handy considering I had to buy part of your Stage 3 system, even though our contract states it was a barter for the entire system.

#264810 - 21/08/02 02:29 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Do you guys really want all of us to know what your deals are? Don't post shit in anger that can come back to haunt you. Be smarter than that and take it to a PM or e-mail and work it out. Then come back here and slave your days away making my life better. laugh

#264811 - 21/08/02 03:34 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
CheetaraX Offline

Loc: Ft. Collins
Quote:
BTW, guess again on the $300 worth of parts. I have a buddy developing his own, very similar system for the D21 chassis, and he's going to be in it at least $500. Still cheaper than the SLR setup, but not by a heckuva lot.
$900-500 = $400 (heckuva little bit).

Now that is assuming he is replacing everything and not just making a new centerlink.

It is one thing to cover R&D, but still unless calmini's breaks (ie MVM that is scary crap no matter what you were doing) SLR is going to sell a lot less then 70 sets.

ALAN

#264812 - 21/08/02 07:45 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrian:
Don't post shit in anger that can come back to haunt you.
I'm not angry about anything.

I installed the SLR lift and reviewed it and drove with it for 18 months. There was no stipulation that it had to remain on my Xterra until the end of time. Now I'm trying something else. Big deal.

I'm not sure why everyone has to get so wound up about all this.

#264813 - 21/08/02 08:29 PM Re: Calmini UCA install questions
WheelOhio Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH
Quote:
(ie MVM that is scary crap no matter what you were doing)
Yes it is, which is exactly why I posted it instead of keeping it to myself. People need to understand what it takes to develop a steering system and the amount of time involved, and of course..failures.

You must fail before you can succeed and until you undertake a venture like this you have no idea what it takes to solve it.

We can all be thankful that Calmini(someday soon, we all hope) and SLR have done the dirty work for you. What you don't see are the failures...only the solutions and that my friends is why these systems cost so much. Don't think for a minute that all the designs you have seen have all failed at some point, drug back into the shop, rehashed, retested, re abused..then done all over again.

The big difference is I'm willing to tell you about mine and be honest about it...why? cause I don't have any plans to try to make a living at it..just share information with others so they can decide how much involvement they are willing to comit.

You all can see my setup first hand at GOX..poke at it, take a pic, whatever. I'll even explain how and where it broke...all over a beer of course..

(Edit for sig)

MVM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal