2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#266838 - 09/06/07 06:07 PM What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im looking in to new rubber for my 06.Im looking at a/t because i drive to work every day in it and i will be taking it snowbording and biking too.so i want good snow traction,but most of all it rains a hell of a lot up here.i was thinking of Mickey thompson Baja atz or mtz or some nitto terra grapplers.Anyone have any other good choices.

#266839 - 10/06/07 11:29 AM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I had ATs I have BFG AT KOs and had a great experience with them. A lot of people will also recomment Bridgestore Dueler Revo AT. Those seem to be the most popular for AT tires around here.

If you run a search through this sub section titles "AT tires", for example, you'll see people talk about various choices out there.

#266840 - 10/06/07 05:11 PM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks ,i will look in to that.

#266841 - 10/06/07 05:44 PM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the a/t revo and it's in my opinion the best tires money can buy for daily use.

#266842 - 11/06/07 12:14 PM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

i ran my long trails to 44k miles and changed to rugged trails. my long trails where cut up but in good condidion and had aprox 1/4 thread left. i have almost 30k miles on my rugged trails. i was very pleased with its performance in the storms i encountered in mazatlan highways...... never hidroplaned and simply keeped passing everyone without loosing control once. and since they are made for large suv trucks, i feel very safe having too much tire for this small xterra. plus the 7 ply walls .... and on dirt roads and mud, i have no complaints.

#266843 - 11/06/07 02:00 PM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a good ride and great performance I would suggest running the Goodyear MT/Rs. I run the 285s and abuse the heck out of them. They have a fantastic rubber compound that resist cuts, it also wears good. Road noise is there but not dominating.

#266844 - 11/06/07 02:59 PM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by santi romo:
i ran my long trails to 44k miles and changed to rugged trails. my long trails where cut up but in good condidion and had aprox 1/4 thread left. i have almost 30k miles on my rugged trails. i was very pleased with its performance in the storms i encountered in mazatlan highways...... never hidroplaned and simply keeped passing everyone without loosing control once. and since they are made for large suv trucks, i feel very safe having too much tire for this small xterra. plus the 7 ply walls .... and on dirt roads and mud, i have no complaints.
There are much better choices out there than the Rugged Trails. Revos would definately be first on the list when road performace is of high priority.

#266845 - 12/06/07 08:33 PM Re: What tires do you recommend
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the goodyear wranglers A/T with the kevlar. They are great tires, except i've had a little problem with getting them balanced. Been back 5 times and have had 2 of the tires be replaced, for free of course. I think they are finally fixed...for awhile at least. I'll be replacing these with BFG's A/T when they wear out

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal