shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#267583 - 13/02/02 11:40 AM Uniroyal Laredo M/T
Kt Offline

Loc: Montgomery, Texas
Does anyone have these tires or heard anything about them? I tried the search on them and didn't come up with much. I also went to the web-site for Uniroyal, and it doesn't quite answer my ?'s either. I wanted to know about
1. road noise
2. how many miles can you usually get out of them
3. and how well of a tire they are overall.

Thanks for any help-- trying to spruce up the ol' X with some beefy tires. wink

#267584 - 13/02/02 01:58 PM Re: Uniroyal Laredo M/T
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX

Uniroyal Laredo

I posted this on "Good tire good price" thread in this forum.

"I have had 3 sets of these. 35K-40K miles, never popped one, cheapish, excellent traction, everyone doesnt have them. They are unusually quiet on the road.

No exp. in snow, but they are as good as any other unsiped M/T out there in the rain. In the mud traction, in my experience, they are better than the BFG m/t and under the Swamper TSL. I've never used them on an Xterra.
I've used 31's & 33's on two different trucks. I was impressed enough to buy 3 sets over time."

Offroad Pics

#267585 - 13/02/02 02:45 PM Re: Uniroyal Laredo M/T
Kt Offline

Loc: Montgomery, Texas
Thanks for the advice. Why have you not put any on the X? What made you choose the AT's over the Laredo's? How much, if you don't mind me asking, did you get your 33's for? (Sorry for all the ?'s just trying to get all the info I can get!?) By the way, I love your Xterra! It's great!!

#267586 - 13/02/02 06:20 PM Re: Uniroyal Laredo M/T
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
I'm not sure what you mean about the A/T's. I never buy All Terrains. My theory is that you can take M/T's on the road but you cant take A/T's in the mud.

I bought Futura Enforcers (pep boys) mud terrains for the Xterra in a emergency. They weren't my top choice but I had to get an entire set on a holiday, pep boys was the only place open.

The last set of 33x12.50/15 Uniroyal Laredo M/T's I bought I paid $125 for them. I replaced them with the Mickey Thompson Claws because I wanted something a little more radical. I dont put too many miles on the p/u truck so it didn't matter if they had softer tread.

Offroad Pics

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal