2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#267613 - 08/02/01 05:10 AM 32" tire question
crhine Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I have read most of the forum posts (i think) about installing the 32" BFG's onto the X. Crank up the torsion bar an inch or two and do a bit of trimming. This will accomodate the larger tires. My question is this: while under normal driving conditions rubbing is no longer a problem with these simple modifications, what type of rubbing or problems occur when the terrain becomes more uneven and the suspension is under more articulation/stress? Does rubbing become an issue again? Even though the torsion bar is raised, it wont change the total amount of suspension travel will it?

------------------

#267614 - 08/02/01 06:21 AM Re: 32" tire question
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
adjusting the torsion bars will change the downward travel a bit, but not much to really worry about. your main limiter will be the sway bars, so get some disconnects.

As long as you trim enough plastic, rubbing should not become an issue even under compression. I run 32" BFG MTs and have no rubbing problems at all. been running them since last april.

Synchro

------------------

Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Xterra SE, Alpine Green, 4x4, ARB, 32" BFG MTs

#267615 - 08/02/01 01:36 PM Re: 32" tire question
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Except in the RR wheel well. My 32" AT/KOs finally trashed the plastic cover for the fuel filler line that runs along the top of the well the last time I was out. Part of it was sticking out of the well. It's still there, but in 2 pieces that sorta hold each other up out of harm's way for now. Think I'll be ordering the SLR shackles mentioned today elsewhere in this forum soon.

Brent

[This message has been edited by OffroadX (edited 02-08-2001).]

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#267616 - 08/02/01 02:36 PM Re: 32" tire question
crhine Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I agree, I would rather do a torsion lift and add the shackles in the rear to fit the 32" tires than have to buy a $1600 suspension lift kit and be told its recommended to buy a 2" body lift along with it. I'll take the $50 route any day. Thanks for your help guys.

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal