shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#268141 - 28/09/07 07:58 PM front brakes grinding?
mitcheal Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Fl.
i changed out my rotors, pads and repacked my bearings a few weeks ago... everything seems fine until about a week ago... There is NO pulling to either side when i hit the brakes. The truck brakes just fine... The issue is that sometimes, not everytime, i come to a stop, i'll feel/hear some "rubbing" coming from the brakes. as soon as i take my foot of the brake, it goes away. I've also noticed a little of squealing as well when hit the brakes, which goes away as well. The truck brakes well, no issues there. The rotors are brembo's if i remember right, a name brand to say the least... I had to put on a set of Autozone "specials" because i ordered the wrong EBC pads... No obvious issues with the rotors when i took a quick look at them... Could this just be because of the cheap pads?

thanks.

#268142 - 29/09/07 06:07 AM Re: front brakes grinding?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about built up brake dust from new brakes? Did you try to hose them out since they were changed? Also if your running slotted vented rotors it is possible they could be chewing up your cheap brake pads but doubtful..

#268143 - 29/09/07 07:39 AM Re: front brakes grinding?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about the back brakes, have you checked them?

#268144 - 16/10/07 06:30 PM Re: front brakes grinding?
Anonymous
Unregistered

May not be the problem for you, but I threw a pad last year, and it went down similarly to what you describe. No pull, just some grinding when I applied brakes. I let it go for a couple days while I was on a trip. Figured it was dust, sand or mud as I was out in it, a long way from a garage.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize what was happening, and when the pad came off.....no brakes! Going downhill I might add. eek

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal