shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#268193 - 25/06/03 05:56 AM Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please don't bash the question, as I have done a search on the 2 tires here on this site. I've seen people's opinions on both, however, I didn't see a thread where the two were compared with eachother.

I love the versatility of the Dueler's, however, feel the Discover is more suited to my SUV. I'd like to know if those running Cooper's believe that they are just as good in snow/rain/etc as the Duelers. Per other threads I can tell they're just as good, if not better off road then the Dueler's. Just want to make sure they handle on road good too.

Those that have the Cooper's are you running "P" rated or "LT". Just curious, as Cooper only comes in OWL in the "P" rated for 245/75 16. Have ran only LT tires in the last 4yrs on this 2nd Suv.

Thanks for any input! :p

#268194 - 28/06/03 06:51 AM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's
Anonymous
Unregistered

Surprized with the X, that no one here is running the Cooper Discover ST - looks to be just as aggressive, if not more so, then the BFG's.

Anyhow, Coopers have good reputation if anyone is in need of heavy-duty AT tires.

#268195 - 29/06/03 12:51 PM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's
KDM-02XterraSE4x4 Offline

Loc: Greenbrier, Arkansas
Well I have them. LT265/75R16s 6-ply on a 2002 Xterra 4x4 SE.

I had them on when I went out to www.gonemoab.com this year. They did GREAT! No issues at all. Excellent traction in the mud, sand, dirt, and the rain. Excellent rock climbing ability. Once I wear these out, I will buy them again. I have had the bfg's before, I like these better. They do have a little whine at highway speeds... They also do not believe in the tread lightly program. They do tear up the ground.
Mods: Vent shades+35% tint on front windows+Airaid intake system+Tow hitch+Reflective tape on hitch+Raingler mininet+Gibson sweptside exhaust+LT265/75R16 Cooper ST tires+Shrockworks - sliders+Fabtech AALs

#268196 - 29/06/03 03:01 PM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by KDM-02XterraSE4x4:
Well I have them. LT265/75R16s 6-ply on a 2002 Xterra 4x4 SE.

I had them on when I went out to www.gonemoab.com this year. They did GREAT! No issues at all. Excellent traction in the mud, sand, dirt, and the rain. Excellent rock climbing ability. Once I wear these out, I will buy them again. I have had the bfg's before, I like these better. They do have a little whine at highway speeds... They also do not believe in the tread lightly program. They do tear up the ground.
How much did you pay for them (if you dont mind)? I'm considering the Coopers too.

Offroad Pics

#268197 - 30/06/03 11:19 AM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's

Sure, the tires cost me $123 a piece installed.
Mods: Vent shades+35% tint on front windows+Airaid intake system+Tow hitch+Reflective tape on hitch+Raingler mininet+Gibson sweptside exhaust+LT265/75R16 Cooper ST tires+Shrockworks - sliders+Fabtech AALs

#268198 - 07/07/03 06:17 AM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's
Xcited Offline

Loc: Guelph, Ontario, Canada (Eh!)
One of our members in SOXC (Marty) has the Cooper ST's on his X and he loves them. I have to admit they have seemed to perform very well in all types of terrain when we wheel. I had seen pics of them before, but when I first saw them on his X in person/close-up they actually look pretty nice!
Member: Toronto Area Rover Club (TARC)
Home Page: XterraXcursions

#268199 - 07/07/03 10:41 PM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by KDM-02XterraSE4x4:
They also do not believe in the tread lightly program. They do tear up the ground.
Which ones, the BFG's or the Coopers?

Also, that's an interesting comment I hadn't run across before (trail damage due to tire type). Care to veer slightly off-topic and elaborate?

#268200 - 09/07/03 03:38 PM Re: Cooper Discover ST versus Dueler Revo's

Cooper Discoverer S/T

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal