shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#268361 - 25/04/03 12:20 PM Combustible Material
Silver Raider Offline

Loc: Goose Creek, SC
Ok, Now that I have the Aspestos suite on I need to ask acouple of TIREd old questions. As your aiming your flame thrower know that I have enough frequent flyer miles on the search site to orbit the planet several times.
I hate long posts...
1) I need a set of 15" rims for a set of BFG TA A/Ts (31x10.5) Any recomendations for a good after market brand for moderate off roading?
2)I want to install AALs, the other day I read a post with step by step procedures but now I can't find it. I didn't have a printer at the time now I do.
3)Although I have read several posts here refering to offsets and back spacing, I'm not to clear on what they are.
confused
FLAME AWAY

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

#268362 - 25/04/03 12:48 PM Re: Combustible Material
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
You misspelled asbestos. smile

A lot of people have purchased American Racing AR-747 wheels (or other brands that are similiar in looks) to mount their new tires on. These are the black rims that several XOC members have on their Xterra, myself included. If you plan on off-roading a lot, I would suggest buying steel wheels. Genarally, steel wheels will bend and alloys will crack when damaged.

If I was you, I would try to get your hands on a set of the Nissan steel wheels that came on the base Xterras. This will solve your problem with trying to find a wheel that is the correct offset & back spacing.

Offset is the distance between the center of the wheel and the wheel face that contacts the hub. Backspace is the distance from the edge of the inner rim and the wheel face.

This link has a better definition of the terminology.

As for the AALS, can't help you there. Sorry!

#268363 - 25/04/03 02:02 PM Re: Combustible Material
Silver Raider Offline

Thanks Pino,with all the hits for useing search, I thought I would get toasted. There are alot of great posts for tire, wheel and AAL info that getting the right advice is aliitle confusing.
Also thanks for the spell check.
I must confess that in the **years I've been driving, I do alot of upkeep maint. I hate mechanics so I like to do whatever I can myself.Of the 6 cars I have owned, I have not had to replaced the wheels, shocks, or suspenion(SPCK) so I need all the pointers I can get :rolleyes:

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

#268364 - 27/04/03 05:45 AM Re: Combustible Material
Silver Raider Offline

FYI- I found my answer in BYM. (via the "search")

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal