Needing to get some Winter tires, for the X and for my Chevy K1500, and seeing as how my truck is the worst off of the two, I Just got some new meats for my Pick-Up truck... the X will follow in a few weeks.

I did quite a bit of calling around , And while I was at it the standard 225/75R16 looked awfully small in my wheel-wells.... So I asked around to get a consensus on "how much bigger of a tire you figure I could fit in there before we need to modify anything else?" and a 265 was said top be about the most cost effective tire.
Two separate shops recommended me towards a very nice and rather inexpensive snow tires which they said were also (oddly enough) = popular w/ the off road crowd in my area. So by the time all was said and done I had 4 brand new Dean (division of Cooper. ) Winter Master Plus 265/75R16's installed and out the door for a little over 3 Benny's, I decided NOT to have them studded as I intend to use them for light off road duty on my truck, and I don't want to start throwing studs on the trail, etc. But when I get another set for the X, I will get those studded.

On the way home from the shop I tested them out at my favorite diversionary Class-VI road and adjacent mud-hole (just had to ya know ;-) also having the extra inch or more(?) of clearance didn't hurt either. I also cruised over to Concord to the Ice rink and played around in the back parking-lot where they dump the ice shavings from the Zamboni just to check it out... all In all I'm very impressed..... Just waiting for the first _real_ snow to test them out ;-)
http://www.deantires.com/passenger.asp?id=179

Verry tall, meaty tire, good deep lugs, lots of siping. excellent mud shedding.

Ya know what big feet and big hands mean dontchya?
Yeah: big shoes and big gloves.