2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#269625 - 10/05/03 08:15 PM What lifts are avail for the 02 X
snowbro80 Offline

Loc: Everett, Washington
I just picked up an 02 X SE SC and I'm trying to find info on what is out there for lift kits. I've been looking around a little bit but it doesn't seem like there is much to be had for this relatively new vehicle. Any idea you could pass this way? [Wave]

#269626 - 10/05/03 08:22 PM Re: What lifts are avail for the 02 X
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Any lift kits that are out there right now will work for all X's. They all have the same running gear and suspension setups, just a different front end and the possibility of a S/C engine. Try these manufactures.

Calmini
Spencer Low Racing
Automotive Cutomizers
Rancho
Fab Tech

They all offer lifts for the X. Do some searching and draw your own conclusions at to wich one you want to go with.

#269627 - 11/05/03 02:13 AM Re: What lifts are avail for the 02 X
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
although you have many choices, as mentioned above, the sizes in lift are limited.
for right now, it appears 3.5-4 inches is the max in terms of a pure suspension lift kit. if you want to go higher or put on, let's say, a 35" tire, you'll have to put in a body lift and possibly bust out the saw and take out some body panel.
with alot of suv's you'll have 6" lift kits available that'll give you a pure 6" inch of suspension lift. whether it's the limited demand or newness of the xterra, we don't have that option "yet". but with so much lift there's alot more work needed to make it work correctly. with the available lifts for xterras (3.5-4 inches) there is little to no extra work needed. the sterring system is highly recommended but people have run lifts on their x's for years before the steering system even came out and they were doing fine.

#269628 - 11/05/03 08:03 AM Re: What lifts are avail for the 02 X
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I wouldn't say 'a lot'...

I can only think of a few 6" lifts off-hand for an IFS SUV and that's for the Chevy Blazer chassis. It's very hard (and expensive) to lift an IFS truck that high.

#269629 - 11/05/03 01:55 PM Re: What lifts are avail for the 02 X
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
word. i should've mentioned ifs.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal