2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#270467 - 26/05/03 04:27 PM question about ride quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, i was thinking about it, and before i get criticized i did search for a solution.

The Xterra already handles like a truck, and i wanted to lift it 3 inches. I was worried about ride quality, yes i know it will get less gas mileage and such, but if i got complete new suspension from the lift kit, some torsion bars, new shocks, leaf kit, sway bars etc, would it handle good at the height or even better with all the new upgrades than it did as stock? i was also thinking about adding some 33inch tires, and no thats not the only reason im lifting the X, thanks!

#270468 - 26/05/03 08:28 PM Re: question about ride quality
Anonymous
Unregistered

meh..

#270469 - 26/05/03 09:12 PM Re: question about ride quality
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
In a word - no, you wouldnt reach same comfy ride as in sportscar.

But even without totally changing entire suspension system, just putting in decent shocks will make it feel way better than bare stock. Also obvious things like tire pressure will affect it...

So most likely yeah - if you will get 3" suspension lift from Calmini and do rest of stuff you listed - you will find ride more comfy than in stock X. Not sure though it will be enough comfy for you 8) But then X was built on truck base, and initial purpose was a bit different, so its kind of expected to be more rugged.

#270470 - 27/05/03 12:39 PM Re: question about ride quality
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Lifting the truck will change how the weight of the truck is handled by the suspension components, changing the dynamics of the handling. Typically height is achieved via stiffer suspension components and it seems to me that that would decrease the ride quality. I know on my Jeep, lifting it, caused it to handle worse in some ways..... It all depends I guess on how thorough you are when lifting... Just my .02

#270471 - 28/05/03 07:54 AM Re: question about ride quality
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Better shocks help alot, get some quality Bilsteins.

In the end you'll get used to the ride anyway. Just keep driving it ans soon you won't notice how stiff the suspension is.

Xterra101.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal