shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#270844 - 14/12/05 09:42 PM New Lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

In about 3 weeks I am having a 3in suspension, and a 3in body lift put onto my 2000....My question is what size tires do you guys suggest? and What kind?

#270845 - 14/12/05 09:42 PM Re: New Lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

33" goodyear mtr's

#270846 - 15/12/05 04:13 AM Re: New Lift
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The tires you want are dependant upon the terrain you want capability on, and how much on-road, vs off road capability you want.

Essentially, the better it is off road, the worse on road, and visa versa, you can't have one tire that's the best on both....also....some tires are good in mud, but get punctured by rocks, and some tires that are good on rocks, are not as good in mud...and all mud tires are pretty bad on road, due to the large aggressive paddle like tread blocks that do best in mud/suck on pavement, etc.

So - You are having 3+3 done by a shop, or some buddies, etc....and want some tires...

Your best best for a 2000 X would be 33x12.5's if you use the stock rims, or at least the stock backspacing.

The next question is what type of off roading are you planning on being able to do? (Rocks, mud, fire trails, beach/sand, etc....and, how important is daily driver on road ability/how much on road are you willing to sacrifice to be beter off road?)

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal