2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#271408 - 02/04/06 03:49 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK. I had my daughter load my pictures on to the web in my absence. I hope you enjoy the photos half as much as I enjoy my Xterra!

Even more amazing is the fact that Discount tire mounted my wireless pressure sensors on these new wheels! [Smoking]

#271409 - 03/04/06 06:16 AM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who's the person in the truck giving the "loser" sign? Is that for you, dad?!?!

They look good. I've always loved the Canteen color.

#271410 - 03/04/06 09:56 AM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those don't look all that bad. They need to make them in black.

So those fit with no spacers needed? What size tires are those? 285's? If so, is there any more than normal rubbing?

Since our options are limited and I need a good MT ASAP I might just have to pony up and buy those.

#271411 - 03/04/06 03:31 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

max6spd,

I didn't notice the "loser" sign until you pointed it out - and yes, it is from my son for me - xterra obsessed.

Muzikman,

They do make these wheels in black, just not in the size and bolt pattern needed for the Next Gen. X. I can't seem to find a picture on the web, but you can see the gloss black version if you go to a retail store.

#271412 - 03/04/06 03:43 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Muzikman,

no spacers!, 285mmx75%x16", rubbing fairly loud on right tire and less on left when turned at ~45° - don't think it is too big a deal for wear, since the rub is on the rubbery plastic cover inside the wheel well (and there is give behind the plastic, it is not up against hard metal).

The wheel size is 16" x 8", 6 on 114.5mm spacing (I don't even see this size anymore on the Discount tire web site [Uh Oh !] )

#271413 - 03/04/06 03:49 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot to mention price, if anyone is concerned. Made a deal with Discount Tire, and got all 5 tires and one rim mounted balanced, installed, and lugnuts for all 5 wheels for $1121, tax included. (I had purchased 4 rims earlier for $541, tax included.) [ThumbsUp]

Total out the door for 5 new wheels & tires: $1662 [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#271414 - 03/04/06 06:25 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

awesome pics...love the goodyear wranglers(RIGHT?) Those rims lok awesome...know of any plain steelies that fit the new generation X's?

#271415 - 03/04/06 08:02 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

can anyone crop those picsto be a bit smller?

#271416 - 17/04/06 08:28 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

dnorton-Just picked up on the gunner 6 rims. Very nice. Now that you have had a few days on them have you had any problems with the close fit to the calipers? Or suspension problems?

#271417 - 18/04/06 07:52 AM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

kgordon,

I have not had any issues with the new wheels and tires regarding the brake calipers or the suspension. The only issue (as talked about before) is the rubbing of the tires.

However, I switched back to the stock wheels and rims about a week ago. I did this for a few reasons: stock wheels are quiter around town; I want to maximize the tire life of the Goodyear MT/Rs (not wear away the rubber quicker on the streets); finally, although it was just one data point, the gas mileage with the new wheels and tires was 13.5 mpg, which is ~2.5 mpg worse than the stock setup frown .

Just to clarify, when I say I "switched back", my Gunnars w/ Goodyears are in my storage unit, waiting for GoneMoab! cool

#271418 - 26/04/06 05:59 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

I read this thread 'cause I was looking for a second set of rims for an 06 OR and learned our Nissan dealer here wants $442 each for the alloys and $286 for steels. Does anyone think this is NOT a ripoff?

#271419 - 26/04/06 11:26 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, tell me if I'm asking stupid questions. By measuring the factory rims on our 06 OR, I get a width of 8-3/16 inches and a backspace of 5 inches (the dealer told me 7 and 5.5). Anyway that is a bigger back space than any rims I've seen (assuming I could find the right bolt pattern) so what is all this about needing spacers? It seems any rim you'd be likely to find would just stick out a little more and leave more clearence from brakes, etc.

#271420 - 27/04/06 11:49 AM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

WHEELS THAT FIT 05/06 ORs
Thanks to all here for helping me with my dumb questions. Discount Tire has 8 wheel styles that fit 05/06 Xterra ORs (with the exception of not accepting the low pressure sensor valve stems-they said the hole has different angle and or size). On their site click "search wheels by size" and enter 16 x 8 x 6-114.3 and 7 MB alloys will show up with 25mm offset (very close to OEM) and one Unique black steel with a 12mm offset (will clear the brakes by 1/2 inch more). Hope this helps

#271421 - 27/04/06 12:09 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bedrock,

Word of caution. Don't assume that offset will help judge the ability to clear the brake calipers - it doesn't.

Offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel (as if you cut it in half, and each half is still a circle) to the mounting surface of the rim (where the wheel touches the hub with the lug nuts. This spec does NOT tell anyone how much further away from the hub is the 'spoke' area of the rim. It is that distance (and its 'width' as well) which is not specified anywhere that determines brake clearance.

If it were possible to determine the brake clearance issue just by looking at the specs, then there would be far less speculation on these forums about which wheels might fit an 05-06 X, and places like Discount would not need to do 'trial' fittings of rims prior to purchase.

FYI, having a rim with 12mm offset just means that it will stick out ~1/2 inch further away from the body of the truck than say a 25mm offset rim - again, not necessarily any more (or any less) room for caliper clearance.

#271422 - 27/04/06 06:15 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by dnorton:
Bedrock,

Word of caution. Don't assume that offset will help judge the ability to clear the brake calipers - it doesn't.

Offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel (as if you cut it in half, and each half is still a circle) to the mounting surface of the rim (where the wheel touches the hub with the lug nuts. This spec does NOT tell anyone how much further away from the hub is the 'spoke' area of the rim. It is that distance (and its 'width' as well) which is not specified anywhere that determines brake clearance.

If it were possible to determine the brake clearance issue just by looking at the specs, then there would be far less speculation on these forums about which wheels might fit an 05-06 X, and places like Discount would not need to do 'trial' fittings of rims prior to purchase.

FYI, having a rim with 12mm offset just means that it will stick out ~1/2 inch further away from the body of the truck than say a 25mm offset rim - again, not necessarily any more (or any less) room for caliper clearance.
Roger that, but the guy I talked to (after a lengthy discusion on offset relating to backspace depending on wheel lip thickness and overall wheel width) said those would all work, having speced the Gunner, Blitz and Preditor and seeing that the Unique had more clearence than the rest, though it would stick out 1/2" further. I see what you mean about clearence of un published dimensions such as spoke area. I guess I'm about to become a guinea pig. I'll let ya know how it works. I'm still pissed at Nissan for designing the need for such an oddball size and wanting so much $ for the OE. I'll be doing some mouthing off about that next time I'm at the dealer.

#271423 - 18/05/07 04:29 PM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

according to the website at www.americanracing.com , they have quite a few wheels that will fit the 2006 xterra. am i missing something or is this new?

#271424 - 21/05/07 11:06 AM Re: Next Gen compatible rims
Anonymous
Unregistered

they all appear to be 18"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal