First off, I've had the KYB Monomax front shocks for a while & am very happy with them.
Recently, I installed the SLR UCA's & I've been assuming that I would have to upgrade my front shocks to take full advantage of what the lift has to offer (I was planning to look into this around the time I put in the diff. drop bushings).
Now something strange...I just installed Warn premium hubs last weekend & when I tested them out by jacking up the front end via the front frame crossmember, I noticed that the SLR UCA appeared to completely flatten the upper bumpstop (to <1/2" thickness) before the tire lifted off the ground. Basically it appears that the KYB shock did not limit the downtravel ("droop") of the front wheel; and since the uptravel ("tuck") limit of the front wheel is not affected by the UCA/T-bar lift, it would seem that these shocks allow full travel with the lift.
KYB tech support says these shocks have the following measurements (eye of shock to shoulder of stud): 11.96 extended, 8.46 compressed. Rough calculations indicate this should not be enough to allow full wheel travel offered by the SLR UCA's....
Is there something I'm missing here? Anyone else with the KYB shock & UCA lift care to comment?
Thanks.