2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#272801 - 12/10/01 02:41 PM TrXus Treadwear
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
We all know how well the BFG M/T's hold up as far as treadlife is concerned. But what about the TrXus. They are such a new tire, no one knows what kind of treadlife to expect.

For those of you who have the TrXus.....

How many miles do you have on them so far?
What percentage of tread has been worn?
How many miles do you think you will be getting out of them?

#272802 - 12/10/01 04:23 PM Re: TrXus Treadwear
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
I've got 'em, but they're pretty new. Less than 2,000 miles on 'em, maybe. I just got my alignment today after fitting them and making some suspension mods.

With proper inflation and a good alignment, that should rule out any extraordinary wear leaving just the compound in question...

I'm kinda curious myself. Assuming it's reasonable, I know I would certainly buy them again if I had to do it all over again. Pictures just don't do them justice - you have to see them on an X in person.

Oh yeah... I'm guessing that since they're not rated as true mud terrains, or should I say "a more street friendly mud terrain" that the compound is a little longer wearing than the BFG M/T. Of course it depends on how much you off-road, too...

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: BoarderPhreak ]

#272803 - 12/10/01 05:01 PM Re: TrXus Treadwear
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
I've had my TrXus tires on since the end of March. They have seen a little bit of snow both on and off road, wet spring season, and hot summer days. I have about 11032kms on them, translate into metric :rolleyes: 6895 miles. This came up in the SOXC forum so I went to measure the tread, no exact measurement here just a tape measure, I have 1/2" height across all the treads. This was taken with the tires mounted, inflated and from the base of the tire to the top of the lug. I did not notice any cracks or deformity in the tire or lugs. I plan on running these tires atleast the next two years, April- November each year at which time I swap over to the Winter Duelers.

How does one measure wear? Can someone, BP, measure a newer set so we have something to compare to?

#272804 - 12/10/01 09:56 PM Re: TrXus Treadwear
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
According to Interco the Trxus have a tread depth of 19/32" new.

#272805 - 13/10/01 01:20 AM Re: TrXus Treadwear
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by wqbang:
According to Interco the Trxus have a tread depth of 19/32" new.

Which means that they have roughly .60" of tread when new. After nearly 7000 miles they have lost approximately .10" of tread.

How does that compare with similar tires? Anyone?

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#272806 - 15/10/01 12:44 PM Re: TrXus Treadwear
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
On the rear set of 32x11.5R15 BFG MTs i have atleast 15,000 miles (i think more) on them and they have about 2/3 tread left on them. On my front set I have 35,000 miles on them and they still have 1/4 tread depth approximately. but the front ones are worn WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more than they should be as driving back from GOX this year they literally were eaten up by the road since i had a bad alignment and a bad steering centerlink. (i found flakes of rubber coming off of them each time i stopped for gas. No other time have i ever seen a tire noticably go down in tread depth before. luckily i made it home and was a ble to cross rotate them to try and get them to wear a bit more evenly. jury is till out on that.)

If that had not happend, I would have about 1/2 tread depth left after that milage.

and all of this is after chewing them up on rocks and what have you back east. I know i haven't been offroading enough if the tread have actual sharp edges as they wear. usally my lugs are almost always chewed and rounded, as most are on trucks that drive a lot on rocks.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Synchro ]

#272807 - 16/10/01 06:05 AM Re: TrXus Treadwear
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Lou at Elias 4 Wheel Drive Center said they are only about a 25K mile tire because of the softer rubber compound.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal