2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#274406 - 23/06/07 08:19 PM Re: Tube Fender mod
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
Originally posted by MMNIAC:
[b]To be honest, the amount of labor involved in making these was pretty silly. Also since the bumper position would be slightly different on each X, they are a custom fit item. If it wasn't for good friends with good fabrication skills and tools I wouldn't have these.

I would love it if I was in a position to make some more for you guys but I am really not. Feel free to use the design as a springboard for better ones of your own though.
There's your answer, soccer laugh [/b]
Hah! This happens a lot. What is the OD of the tubing and the thickness? And how exactly id you mount it to the Shrock? am a littleconfused with the picture. It kind of looks riveted. You are riveting.

#274407 - 24/06/07 01:19 PM Re: Tube Fender mod
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Soccer...slow down...read all the words, the 1/4 bolts not rivets, the selling of them...its all spelled out. :p

laugh

I like the way it looks open...covering it, while making it NJ legal perhaps, would not preserve the look, it would just look like an attempt to clone a flat fender conversion.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#274408 - 24/06/07 03:28 PM Re: Tube Fender mod
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Soccer...slow down...read all the words, the 1/4 bolts not rivets, the selling of them...its all spelled out. :p

laugh

I like the way it looks open...covering it, while making it NJ legal perhaps, would not preserve the look, it would just look like an attempt to clone a flat fender conversion.
I said it looks like it is riveted. I know that he used bolts, but it looks like it is riveted on there. I read through it just looks riveted and tack welded on there.

Yes it looks good open.

#274409 - 25/06/07 06:35 AM Re: Tube Fender mod
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Just trying to slow you down a bit, what with soccer tryouts, architecture prep, etc...you have a lot on your plate.

Just lookin out fer yah.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#274410 - 25/06/07 11:57 AM Re: Tube Fender mod
Canope Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
[/qb]
Your missing something kinda important in this picture. I just can't put my finger on it...[/QB][/QUOTE]

It would take some serious cash to get me under there tugging and yanking. Maybe 99% totally safe, but still...

#274411 - 26/06/07 10:35 AM Re: Tube Fender mod
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Just trying to slow you down a bit, what with soccer tryouts, architecture prep, etc...you have a lot on your plate.

Just lookin out fer yah.

laugh
Thanks buddy!

#274412 - 26/06/07 11:27 AM Re: Tube Fender mod
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm. might as well do the SAS while on the jack stand, like mine.

#274413 - 26/06/07 08:27 PM Re: Tube Fender mod
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish I could, but I still can't afford the new driveline and springpacks for the rear [Uh Oh !]
How many times did you hear "So when is it going to be done?" [Argue]

#274414 - 26/06/07 09:36 PM Re: Tube Fender mod
Anonymous
Unregistered

Non stop! Its always the $money$ that hold back the project... Mine in just to get it back road
worthy and keep adding every month...
Forever!!! [Spit]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal