shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#274559 - 07/12/06 09:54 AM Change the bearing seals while I cut the rotors?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to take my front rotors off this weekend have them cut. Do I need to replace the bearing seals to? Or can I get away without doing them.

#274560 - 07/12/06 11:03 AM Re: Change the bearing seals while I cut the rotors?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I replace the seal everytime I have the rotors off. The seal needs to come out in order to repack the bearings when the rotor is reinstalled, this is difficult to do without damaging the seal. I pick mine up pretty cheap, and they are interchangeable with the late 90's Pathfinder seals so they aren't hard to find.

#274561 - 07/12/06 11:57 AM Re: Change the bearing seals while I cut the rotors?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I don't know if you HAVE to - but while you've got it apart you might as well pack the bearings and put new seals on (they're pretty cheap).

#274562 - 07/12/06 12:02 PM Re: Change the bearing seals while I cut the rotors?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just did this last night. New rotors and new pads. (and new seals) They are Nissan part number 40232-8B500

My '02 X had 80k on it. And I recently moved from New Hampshire to Arizona....
Next I need to buy new calipers just to make them look decent, since the bottom of the truck took so much abuse form the harsh winters...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal