shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#274678 - 17/05/04 07:15 AM missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
babyX Offline

Right off the bat, I'll telll you I didn't do a search because I'll be damned if I know what the piece is even called. So, Brent, (or anyone else) if you know what I'm talking about and this has been covered before, I'll take the whoopin, no complaints.

I noticed this morning when I got into work that the metal collar that hugs the center of the wheel, inside the lugs, is missing on the right front wheel. Y'know where it says Automatic right in the center of the wheel? And then there's the piece that sits around that (which is what I'm missing), then the lugs then the spokes, etc. It looks terrible, first of all, but I'm trying to figure out:

a) how on earth it could've come off, and
b) where I can get another one

I don't want to run over to the dealer and drop $50 on a new collar, but it's irritating to know it's not there, too.

I'm wondering if it was removed when the dealer did my 30k work and brake job, and just not replaced? I can't imagine anyone prying it off for any other reason, and it never seemed loose when I washed the truck.

Perplexed. I'm just plain perplexed.

See the piece in the center of the back wheel that juts out? That's what I'm talking about.

#274679 - 17/05/04 07:55 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
1114 Offline

Loc: Kansas City
The plastic piece you're talking about is the center cap. They're mainly cosmetic, and are easily knocked off, especially when off road.

Xterraparts has them or you can try eBay (although the only one I see is for an '04 right now).

#274680 - 17/05/04 08:08 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
babyX Offline

Well, I haven't taken it off-road in two years, so that didn't do it.

Damn... $33 for a new one? :rolleyes:

#274681 - 17/05/04 09:10 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
More likely someone else lost one and snitched yours.
They were a lot cheaper a couple of years ago, like $10, but the price shot up to $30+ for some reason. Ebay is your best bet.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#274682 - 17/05/04 10:49 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I lost one of mines a while back (I think the guy who rotated my tires didn't put it on correct).

I didn't want to plunk down $30+ on it so I just took off the other 3 to match. laugh

#274683 - 17/05/04 10:51 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
babyX Offline

Don't suppose you still have them, do you?

#274684 - 17/05/04 11:46 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
I have a spare one I will give away...it may have a scratch or two, nothing major. And I assume you need one for the silver wheels?......Just let me know where.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#274685 - 17/05/04 04:49 PM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
I would bet that your dealer didn't put it on quite right when you had it in for service and it just popped off somewhere. It can happen.

#274686 - 16/07/04 02:36 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
MATHJAK Offline

Loc: LI NEW YORK
looking to buy a rear wheel cap for se

#274687 - 16/07/04 09:48 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Don't suppose you still have them, do you?
If the X in that pic is yours, then you need to brownish supercharger ones, not the silver ones the guys above offered.

#274688 - 13/08/04 10:15 AM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well if your as much of an asshole as I am, here's whatcha do. Go to your local auto shop where you have been routinely screwed over. Ask for a free brake inspection. Come back the next day, "what happened to my wheel cap"? Walla, freebie. Just kidding, but one of my college buddies pulled that and it worked.

#274689 - 28/08/04 08:23 PM Re: missing "collar" in the center of the wheel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by woodman:
Well if your as much of an asshole as I am, here's whatcha do. Go to your local auto shop where you have been routinely screwed over. Ask for a free brake inspection. Come back the next day, "what happened to my wheel cap"? Walla, freebie. Just kidding, but one of my college buddies pulled that and it worked.
Instead of going through all that trouble, just take someone elses. Its the cool thing to do. shocked

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal