2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#274839 - 20/10/05 10:52 PM Revo Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

All right I have been looking around this forum, and decided that I am going with the Revo's. I like the look, and I will be mostly on road (Yep I have a brush gaurd). But on my 2004 X I want to put 265/70/17's on, but I have heard the tread isn't as deep with 17 inch rims compared to 15's or 16's. Is this true? Also I hate to ask this but I want to be specific. What is the largest Revo someone has put on there stock 2004 X with 17 inch rims. Thanks in advance for helping me enjoy the Minnesota winter!! Tim

#274840 - 21/10/05 06:45 AM Re: Revo Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go to the site of our good advertiser tirerack.com and compare. Here is the link for the Revo spec sheet:

Revo 265/70/16 specs

The tread depth on the tire your looking at is the same as the other "passenger tire" (UTQG rated) Revos. The LT Revos appear to have a little deeper tread.

regards,

#274841 - 21/10/05 06:46 AM Re: Revo Question
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
To answer your question on tread depth, the answer is yes and no. Check out the specs at tire rack -- http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo

Prior Lake Minnesota --- got my first dog from a breeder there. I hear you get plenty of snow there in the winter.

k_enn

#274842 - 21/10/05 04:19 PM Re: Revo Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by willyswan:

The tread depth on the tire your looking at is the same as the other "passenger tire" (UTQG rated) Revos. The LT Revos appear to have a little deeper tread.

regards,
Just realize that the LT tires have stiffer sidewalls to handle heavier weights and will ride rougher than the passenger rated tires.

Most people do not mind but there is a trade off for more tread in this instance.

#274843 - 21/10/05 09:32 PM Re: Revo Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't mind a rough ride for a little more durability with the LT rating. But I think it is strange that the 17 inch Revo's loses the depth. The T/A KO's have the same tread depth through those sizes. It also seems like the KO's are the popular brand here, but the Revo's look great and are rated great in the snow which is my concern. Nothing beats driving on the roads when the city is shut down because of a sweet 5 inches of snow. Thanks for the help and any other comments are appreciated. Tim

#274844 - 21/10/05 09:39 PM Re: Revo Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

K_enn that is along way for a dog, but yea we do get alot of snow. Chances are I will buy the tires and we will get 2 inches all year but better safe than in the ditch.

#274845 - 23/10/05 05:55 AM Re: Revo Question
k_enn Offline

Loc: Northern New Jersey
Not to hijack the thread, but the dog was a somewhat rare breed, only about 200 to 250 of its breed in the US and Canada at that time. Well worth the effort of getting him. And he always did love the cold weather and snow. That four paw drive really came in handy.

k_enn

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal