2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#272 - 22/05/05 10:16 AM Newbie question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok so I've had my X now for about two weeks. And I can't figure out how the hell to use the damned rear windshield wiper. I dont have the book since I bought it used.

#273 - 22/05/05 10:20 AM Re: Newbie question
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
On my 2002, it is mounted low on the dash, to the left of the steering wheel. (Towards a parking break release or hood release 'of most normal vehicles.') Not sure if it is in the same place on the 2001. Goofy place indeed.

Our 2005 Pathfinder added this to the normal wiper control arm, makes much much more sense.

Good luck.

-Jeremy

#274 - 22/05/05 10:29 AM Re: Newbie question
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I have an '01 - look down at the lower left of the dash (Lower than the steering column...all the way down by the hood release area).

There's a rocker switch there, with a windshield washer icon and wiper icon on the top/bottom....you hit one end to wash the window, the other just turns on a wiper (Somewaht intermitent, not same speed as front wipers...)

I assume you have looked at the rear hatch, and you HAVE a wiper...and a little black nozzle above the hatch for the washer?

If those are missing, loose, etc...that would of course hurt your efforts. (Check fuses, etc...also, incase finding and hitting the rocker doesn't work)

Hope that helps!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#275 - 22/05/05 11:08 AM Re: Newbie question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you! This is the first time I have ever seen a rear wiper switch located someplace other than the wiper arm. I was going crazy trying to find it. I had crap all over my back window.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal