shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275684 - 28/02/05 05:49 AM New Tires
Anonymous
Unregistered

My parents just bought a 00Se 4x4 and the stock tires are shot.. I am trying to convence them to put on some bfg a/t ko 31x10.5 but they are worried about the spedo being thrown off.... Any tips on how to make them change there mind? And What other tires have a good tread life but are still good off road.

#275685 - 28/02/05 06:36 AM Re: New Tires
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I found the speedo was off with the stock tires, and 31's were needed to have the speedometer read true.

And - The larger the tires, the fewer miles the speedometer reads as you drive...so you preserve the re-sale/accident re-imbursement value...and if you don't upsize to the correct diameter, you will be devaluing the truck at a faster rate than fair.

The '05's come with 32's as standard, as that's a better size for the X, according to Nissan, anyway. (I have 33's, even better) laugh

If you check the truck's odometer against the mile markers along the highway, you will see that the odometer is reading low...and 31's will correct that.

laugh

Good Luck!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal