2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#275997 - 06/12/01 01:59 PM o.k. to be stock?
troyboy Offline

Loc: nh
i've read a great deal about torsion bars and adjustments and have a few questions i couldn't find already covered...

1-has anyone experienced any problems with the stock bars under "normal" driving conditions? (please lets not start a "normal" debate.)
2- the x we bought(01'se)came with the dealer supplied front brush guard, i've heard how it sucks etc.but it came with it. i'll be going to the dealer for first oil change,minor adjustments (bumper)soon,should i ask to have the bars adjusted to compensate for the weight?(i'm a big fat bastard too(6'3-300)does that make a difference?)
3- unloaded on a level surface the x should sit-rear slightly higher? level?
4- who is tonka ross and why is he getting all those pictures?
thanks in advance,
eek

#275998 - 06/12/01 02:27 PM Re: o.k. to be stock?
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by troyboy:

thanks in advance,
eek

Tonka has an... err... problem with his uh... let's just say he's... uh... hormonally challenged.

They're just trying a little ho remedy.

#275999 - 06/12/01 07:32 PM Re: o.k. to be stock?
Dayspring Offline

Loc: Greenwood IN
Quote:
Originally posted by troyboy:
i've read a great deal about torsion bars and adjustments and have a few questions i couldn't find already covered...

1-has anyone experienced any problems with the stock bars under "normal" driving conditions? (please lets not start a "normal" debate.)
2- the x we bought(01'se)came with the dealer supplied front brush guard, i've heard how it sucks etc.but it came with it. i'll be going to the dealer for first oil change,minor adjustments (bumper)soon,should i ask to have the bars adjusted to compensate for the weight?(i'm a big fat bastard too(6'3-300)does that make a difference?)
3- unloaded on a level surface the x should sit-rear slightly higher? level?
thanks in advance,
eek

1) Stock is fine. You're not putting any more stresses on the system than the designers planned.
2)Brush guard is 25 pounds. Max. Don't even sweat it. When you get an ARB which is near 80+ pounds, then we'll talk about new T-Bars. Leaving the T-Bars the way they are is good. When you start putting lots of extra weight on the front and adding lift to the back suspension, that's when you mess with it. Otherwise- don't touch. wink
3) Yes- the X sits slightly higher in back. But eventually, those springs will sag, but you have a long time before that should happen under normal driving. (Towing and off-roading is another thing entirely)
4) Cuz Tonka is cool like that.

#276000 - 10/12/01 09:16 PM Re: o.k. to be stock?
huskytruck Offline

Your Tbars should be fine! I have an ARB, Warn and Off Road and Tow and I am still running the stock ones.

Id dump the brush guard though - why??-check out the latest run of PNWX at www.superjens.com and there is a fine example of what a brushguard can do to a fine new automobile? The brush guard came with his X too...

Cheer & Beers! laugh

#276001 - 11/12/01 01:35 AM Re: o.k. to be stock?
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
I'm still bone stock, my Xterra was one of the first run 2000's, I've never touched the T-bar adjusters, and I have 42k on the odometer.

The only thing I do is remove the rear sway bar and the X will go anywhere.

I guess this is a bit of a shame-less plug on my part but I LOVE this picture! laugh

Xterra101.com

#276002 - 11/12/01 06:04 AM Re: o.k. to be stock?
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Dayspring:

2)Brush guard is 25 pounds. Max. Don't even sweat it. When you get an ARB which is near 80+ pounds, then we'll talk about new T-Bars. Leaving the T-Bars the way they are is good. When you start putting lots of extra weight on the front and adding lift to the back suspension, that's when you mess with it. Otherwise- don't touch. wink

Who told you that the brush gaurd weighs 25 lbs. Those damn things weigh like 75 lbs. I guess you have never owned one.

#276003 - 11/12/01 09:21 AM Re: o.k. to be stock?
Cougar Offline

Loc: Germantown, MD, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ChiaSWXC/TNAC:

Who told you that the brush gaurd weighs 25 lbs. Those damn things weigh like 75 lbs. I guess you have never owned one.

my brush guard weighs much less than yours. I'd say around 30 (never really measure it but i know when i picked it up)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal