shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276505 - 14/02/01 12:31 PM Dueler AT's
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Sorry, but I searched and found little info. My friend (a Jeeper) recommends I move to the 31x10.5X15 Dueler AT's for my 00XE 2wd. I will not do a lot of off roading obviously because of my mistake in the 2wd. But, I want to go out with the club when I can and I do a lot of remote camping. Can anyone give me a plus or minus on these tires and the recommended size? I will be moving to a 4wd at the end of the 01 selling year.

Thanks from the Novice,

------------------
Roger

[This message has been edited by xterraintx (edited 02-14-2001).]

#276506 - 14/02/01 12:35 PM Re: Dueler AT's
KillerX Offline

Loc: Maryland
Then wouldn't it be wise to wait until you have the 4X4 before buying new tires?

I think you'll find that most will recommend the BFG ATs or MTs and some will recommend the Pirelli Scorpions. I don't know much about the Dueler's performance so I can't be of much help there.

------------------
2000 Silver Ice SE 4X4 Auto
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1406935&a=10805120

#276507 - 14/02/01 06:29 PM Re: Dueler AT's
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
killerx, good info, I would wait for the 4X4SE but I need new tires on my Cherokee. I thought I'd put the Long Trails on the Cherokee and get a bit better tire for my 00XE now. Price is a factor since I will be trading after 10 or so K miles. I thought I'd ask about the Duelers.

------------------
Roger

#276508 - 15/02/01 06:09 AM Re: Dueler AT's
Tex-X Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL USA
Roger, got your e-mail, you will not find a better tire than the Dueler AT, maybe comparable but not better. It is state of the art technology. I've run BFG and the Dueler and I think the Dueler is a better tire over all situations, kind of like most people drive. Of course I might be a little biased so try them for yourself. They come with a 30 day free test drive. If you don't like them within 30 days you can take them back and get a different tire or your money back. My offer still stands let me know.

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal