2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276629 - 26/07/05 07:04 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have possibly right. That's why I said I would like to test them. But it was before my dealer tells me they have steel wheels available for the X. [ThumbsUp] And if Nissan sell them from their supplier, I suppose these wheels fit. So I don't need to try the Dekota wheels anymore.

#276630 - 27/09/05 10:34 AM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a solution I am trying. SLR sells this spacer for the 05 now:

This will allow the new wheel from hitting the caliper. As for wanting steelies, Rockcrawler now makes a 16x8 6x4.5 bolt pattern steelie "Series 97" that you can get from discount tires or 4wheelparts:

I orderd my spacers today, and will keep you posted.

#276631 - 27/09/05 12:18 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

PonyBoy,

Thanks for the research. So this spacer doesn't change the bolt pattern just allows the wheel to clear the caliper, right.

Thanks again and keep us posted.

#276632 - 27/09/05 12:31 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You got it

#276633 - 27/09/05 04:02 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much are the spacers, $180/pair like the ones for older X's on the SLR website?

I'm asking myself if it's worth spending $360 for spacers, then $400+ for wheels. That's before tires even. How much is too much to spend to run steel wheels?

My reason for wanting steel wheels is to have an extra set of wheels with mud tires mounted so I don't have to run the mudders daily. At this point, it is probably more cost effective to just run mud tires all the time and buy new tires as necessary.

#276634 - 27/09/05 04:55 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont have an exact price on the spacer, because I told Josh at SLR to just add it to the cost of my lift. I would guess the same price as the old ones, and if not, only a bit more. SLR only has front spacers available right now, you do not need spacers in the rear (the front is the problem). SLR will have the rears just not right now (soon). This frontier only has the spacers in the front:

You can get steelies for about 60-70 dollars a wheel.

#276635 - 27/09/05 08:58 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

it is hard to tell from that pic but do you think it might look a little goofy with the fronts a little wider? (i dunno, really asking)

and aren't spacers kinda...not sucha good idea...? especially if you are wheelin'?

and aren't they illegal in some states?

#276636 - 27/09/05 09:43 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, wider stance in the front gives you better handling. Most people won't notice it, but it would bother me. So when the rear spacers are done, I am going to grab a pair (but its optional and up to you).

Wheel spacers CAN be unsafe. It depends on the type you get. You can get cheap ones made of cast alluminum, but these are frowned upon and probably were the ones that gave spacers a bad "rep". SLR uses 6061 billet aluminum and are T-6 heat treated. Spidertrax makes spacers the same way, and are known to be very safe. Problem is, they do not make are bolt pattern and don't plan on it.

As for being illegal, im not sure. But you take that risk like you would getting tint to dark, tires sticking out to far, etc. Honestly, who would take the wheels off to check and see if you have spacers on? If it is ilegal in your state, yeah your running a risk. But not as high as something like tinited windows or beadlocks.

#276637 - 05/10/05 05:03 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most high dollar wheelsfrom Europe use spacers for both offset and lug pattern changes and are TUV approved so they can't be to bad. Also cheaper to make one type of wheel and just send spacers for the particular app. needed. BTW PonyBoy what where the final dimensions for the wheels you are going to use.(backspace etc.)

#276638 - 05/10/05 05:54 PM Re: 05 aftermarket wheels, the good, bad and ugly!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wheels are in, just waiting on the spacers now!

Rock Crawler Xtreme Steel "Series 97"
16x8 Size 6x4.5 Bolt Pattern 4.25" Back Spacing

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal