shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276957 - 28/04/07 04:12 AM I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, the other day I get a flat. Just from slowing down and pulling over I ruin the tire. So, what do I do now?
1. Use the spare until I need new tires?
2. But 2 new tires so I have a match
3. Buy a single used tire with about 20K miles on it so they all match?

I really don't want to spend a lot. My best guess was use the spare until the rest of my tires need to be changed. But, will I be causing any damage having one new tire and 3 tires with 20K miles on them?
Also, if I get new tires I want to get them all replaced with black wall tires. So, I hate the idea of getting only two new ones for the back.
Advice??
Thanks!
-Greg

#276958 - 28/04/07 07:54 AM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by raging56:
My best guess was use the spare until the rest of my tires need to be changed. But, will I be causing any damage having one new tire and 3 tires with 20K miles on them?
The problem with that, is that it doesn't sound like you intend on replacing the spare. [Freak]

You need to buy at least one new tire. I'd match the spare (assuming its new), use the two new tires, and switch the left over tire w/ 20k to the spare. Actually, I'd probably just use this as an excuse to make an upgrade and get a new set of tires. You got 20k out of the stockers right?

#276959 - 28/04/07 08:27 AM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got a new motorcycle. all extra cash is going in that direction. I like your idea though. This way I only need one new tire. but when the two in the front go I need to get a whole new set again. Crazy how one tire goes and its like I need a whole new set.

#276960 - 28/04/07 07:40 PM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

man I didnt get 15k out of my stockers but I got some kick ass toyo at's now

#276961 - 29/04/07 03:35 PM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your best bet is to get rid of the BS stock tires and buy some 285/75/16 All-Terrains.

If you can afford a motorcycle, you can certainly afford to buy some decent tires. I would rather see you burn the money for heat that watch you waste it on crappy stock tires.

Good luck.

#276962 - 29/04/07 07:06 PM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bummer about the tire, if you do end up getting new ones though check out Tire Warehouse. I know they have em in Lewiston and Auburn, not sure about Portland. They were about the cheapest I could find and if they don't have it in stock they can order or you can order and have it drop shipped there to save on shipping charges. Good luck.

#276963 - 01/05/07 07:09 AM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys.... looks like a new set is the way to go. =)

#276964 - 01/05/07 12:45 PM Re: I've got a tire problem/question what do I do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What bike did you get? I just bought a new bike a few weeks ago myself.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal