2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#277549 - 22/02/08 01:56 AM Brakes ( Pads and Shoes) Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

heya guys, i was curious if anyone had any suggestions here on pads / shoes over the generics, im considernig upping my tire size to a 265/75/R16 and the increased size would be nice to support with good stopping power and pads/shoes that wont give out under hot conditions. Im new to the technology so baby step me if you feel like it. Much appreciated.

One last thing i was wondering, whats the significance of going with a smaller or larger rim with the same overall circumfrance of the tire?

#277550 - 22/02/08 09:48 AM Re: Brakes ( Pads and Shoes) Suggestions
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Your factory brakes are already quite good, the X was rated for a 130 foot 60-0 stop which is better than many sports cars. Adding an inch to your tire size isn't enough to bother with a brake upgrade in my opinion. I just use the factory pads, and the 2nd-cheapest shoes.

As for the smaller wheel inside the same diameter tire, it allows for a softer but possibly sloppier ride, the ability to air down more on the trail, and protects the wheels from damage on the trail. A larger wheel in the same diameter tire has the opposite effects.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#277551 - 09/03/08 12:00 PM Re: Brakes ( Pads and Shoes) Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Brent, would your answear have been different if we were talking about a fairly modded truck, i.e winch, fullset of skids, after market front and rear bumpers, camping gear and tools, extra parts, water/fuel. You know all that extra weight we often carry.

I know there are folks out there with OEM brakes and all the goodies mentioned but are they up to the chllange or emergency stop?

#277552 - 09/03/08 03:32 PM Re: Brakes ( Pads and Shoes) Suggestions
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Well, the OEM brakes are designed to provide adequate stopping power at the vehicles max GVWR, so I'd stick with the same answer.
If you want unloaded stock weight with no passenger performance while loaded to the gills, then you might consider something better, but I just adjust my driving accordingly.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#277553 - 09/03/08 03:58 PM Re: Brakes ( Pads and Shoes) Suggestions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Im getting ready to redo my brakes for goneMoab and, its just time. The EBC and OEM are the same price on the Nissan Parts site I am however going to upgrade to a longer/stronger rear brake line and replace the fronts with stronger ones as well for good measure.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal