shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#278362 - 29/05/03 05:14 PM Re: Elevation Adjustment.....DOWN
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
When I was in San Diego, I saw trucks so damn low that the rear axle was sticking up further than the bed!!! They couldn't even turn a corner at a high rate of speed, or the roll of the body would cause it to rub on the pavement!

#278363 - 29/05/03 07:08 PM Re: Elevation Adjustment.....DOWN
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
That is Schludwiller's Xterra (PNWX), I 'lowered' it in Photoshop 3 years ago. The wheels are front and rears off a Prelude along with the ground effects.
Nice work, Ian. cool Almost had me fooled! laugh

#278364 - 30/05/03 10:08 AM Re: Elevation Adjustment.....DOWN
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Funny thing is, that's Schlud's X blended with his old pseudo-rice Prelude wink

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#278365 - 30/05/03 02:07 PM Re: Elevation Adjustment.....DOWN
Heath22 Offline

Loc: Dacula, GA
IF the guy doesn't offroad, then it won't mess up his offroad ability. It will still handle snow in 4wd if that's a concern. Torsion bars and blocks is the only way unless air bags. If you trim the bumpstops, then you don't ride on them (duh!) and I don't know how the X setup is in the front, but I know on my Toyota's I've had and lowered (my high school and college days and then some) you can flip the upper and lower balljoints and get another 2-3 inches or so. Align the front and your good to go. Don't forget to get lowered shocks, that's where people really screw up. Compressed shocks ride worse than bumbstops. Airbags would be a whole different story. You guys kill me with the flaming of people wanting to do non 4x4 things with their X. But I've gotten into this debate before and I won't start it up again. Good luck on your lowering project. Post a pic or 2 and forget what these "monster truck" driving guys have to say. They act like they are going on to take on Gravedigger next week or something anyway.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal