2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#281575 - 07/02/02 09:13 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
MOLTAR Offline

Loc: richmond, va
anyone else have experience with the uniroyal laredo m/t in rain or snow?

#281576 - 07/02/02 03:37 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
anyone else have experience with the uniroyal laredo m/t in rain or snow?

No exp. in snow, but they are as good as any other unsiped M/T out there in the rain. In the mud traction, in my experience, they are better than the BFG m/t and under the Swamper TSL. I've never used them on an Xterra.
I've used 31's & 33's on two different trucks. I was impressed enough to buy 3 sets over time.

Offroad Pics

#281577 - 11/02/02 07:45 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Ok yall have sold me on the Dunlop Rover RT stll looking at the BFG AT as a back up.

looking at tire rack, what is the difference in the top 2? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Dunlop&model=Radial+Rover+R%2FT

says that "C"is a load rating but no mention of a "C" in the load rating section.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#281578 - 11/02/02 08:27 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
says that "C"is a load rating but no mention of a "C" in the load rating section.

C load range is adequate for the Xterra.

Also, if you are looking for a AT type tire that caost a little less, consider the Pirreli Scorpion AT and the Yokohama Geolander AT II+. Schlud and ChuckH in the PNWX run them and like them alot. Carlton ran the Geolanders at his primary tire for a while too, so he might be able to answer some questions about them.

Of course, these are AT type tires and will not perform in the mud as well at the Dunlop Radial Rover RT's or true MT tread designs.

#281579 - 11/02/02 10:57 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The first is Load Range C and has black letters on both sides. The second is load range SL and has white letters.
Here's Dunlop's page on the RT: http://www.dunloptire.com/products/tire.html?tire=radial_rover_rt
It has a typo in the heading for the 4th column, it should be max load for passenger car use.
Load ratings explained .

What are you doing looking at the dinky little 235s anyway? laugh Get the 31s!

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#281580 - 11/02/02 11:55 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by SplashMan:
Why does everyone here hate Generals? I have the General M/Ts and love them. I get better traction in all conditions than I did with my old BFG M/Ts and I have 12,000 miles on them with 12 wheeling trips thrown in and they still have 90-95% of thier tread left with no scars or anything.
I will say that I am saving up for MTRs after tax season, but if that falls through, I will definatly get Generals again when these wear out.

I dont think everyone hates Generals totally just the stock grabbers. It was decided before the general AT and MT looked like they would be a great improvement. I would just be afraid to buy them after having the grabbers.

#281581 - 13/02/02 05:56 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Does anyone else think the Dunlop Rover RT's and the Goodyear MTR's tread look simmilar?

Maybe it's just me? The Dunlop tread looks a little tighter...

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: stormy ]

#281582 - 13/02/02 11:07 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
OffroadX Offline

Very very different. The RT has many more smaller tread elements, and is siped.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#281583 - 14/02/02 02:05 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Very very different. The RT has many more smaller tread elements, and is siped.

Brent

is that good or bad?

#281584 - 14/02/02 06:08 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
MOLTAR Offline

Loc: richmond, va
my Rover R/Ts should be in next week. i'll give a report as soon as they're "tested"... i am getting 265/75R16s, and they're setting me back $135 each with the works...

here's some info on siping .

#281585 - 14/02/02 10:54 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by wqbang:

C load range is adequate for the Xterra.

Also, if you are looking for a AT type tire that caost a little less, consider the Pirreli Scorpion AT and the Yokohama Geolander AT II+. Schlud and ChuckH in the PNWX run them and like them alot. Carlton ran the Geolanders at his primary tire for a while too, so he might be able to answer some questions about them.

Of course, these are AT type tires and will not perform in the mud as well at the Dunlop Radial Rover RT's or true MT tread designs.

I am running Yokohama Geolander A/T II+. I think they are an excellent tire. Their performance on pavement, especially wet pavement, is 100 times better than the stock BFG Longtrails. They work well off road but I haven't had many chance to test them to their full potential. Carlton seemed happy with his set and his opinion was one of the reasons why I went with Yokohama.

#281586 - 14/02/02 11:56 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
OffroadX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
is that good or bad?

Good for the most part. More/smaller elements means better wet traction and more grip in general on firm surfaces like pavement and packed dirt etc. The siping makes a world of difference on wet or wintery surfaces. The big side lugs on the RT help in mud and the like. It's a good compromise.

Brent

#281587 - 18/02/02 02:40 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
Ramness Offline

Ok here is a dumb ? is the Dunlop radial Rover RT the same as the Rover RT?

#281588 - 18/02/02 06:18 PM Re: Good tires for a good price?
OffroadX Offline

I'm referring to the Radial Rover RT. Since they don't make a non-radial version, I didn't bother to specify.

Brent

#281589 - 19/02/02 05:24 AM Re: Good tires for a good price?
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
N2fireresq, do you know if the AT/S is the same as the older Wrangler Aquatred? To me they look similar. Had the Aquatreds on my old Trooper and liked them a lot in rain, snow, and shallow mud (no heavy off-roading, though). I was considering the AT/S for my X, as well. What size did you have mounted? How have they been on dry pavement compared to your original tires? Thanks for the info!

#675230 - 29/03/11 10:17 AM Re: Good tires for a good price? [Re: brian903]
Desert_Eagle Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hello all. I just joined the site today. I have a 09 Off Road with about 30,000 miles. It's mainly used for highway, but I do take it off road when hunting, and taking trips out to the woods. The BFG's have been ok so far, but I am looking to replace them with a on/off road tire. The tires I have been looking at are the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2. Has anyone put these on? If so I would like to hear your feedback on them.

Thanks
DE

#675232 - 29/03/11 10:39 AM Re: Good tires for a good price? [Re: Desert_Eagle]
granitex Offline

Loc: Columbus. Oh
Originally Posted By: Desert_Eagle
Hello all. I just joined the site today. I have a 09 Off Road with about 30,000 miles. It's mainly used for highway, but I do take it off road when hunting, and taking trips out to the woods. The BFG's have been ok so far, but I am looking to replace them with a on/off road tire. The tires I have been looking at are the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2. Has anyone put these on? If so I would like to hear your feedback on them.

Thanks
DE

What BFG do you have right now? if you have a rugged trail, or long trail the revos would be a step up. If you have the TA KO than it would be a step back IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal