2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#283819 - 11/08/03 04:59 PM Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've read a lot about both these tires, and have almost made up my mind, but just wanted to get others opinions on the subject.
I've got 31" BFG MT's on my truck and I have grown to hate them and the people who I bought them from (don't ever buy off road tires from sears); but that's a different story. I'm gonna switch out the MT's for a set of the same size AT's and I've done my research and shopping and narrowed it down to these two tires.
I've gotten a quote for the Geolanders at $425 out the door (which seems like an awesome deal). But from what I've read on tirerack.com, they aren't the quietest AT around, nor do they hold up well in all cases.
But, from what I've read everywhere, everyone is raving about the Bridgestone Revo's. I got a quote for those as well, but it's $600 (which is a lot). I'm mostly concerned with driving in slick, wet, snowy/icy conditions and these seem to be the bomb-diggity when it comes to that terrain.
I've all but made up my mind to spend the extra cash and get the Revo's, but I just don't want to make another $600 mistake (MT's) when I could have gotten a tire that is just as good for $425.

thanks guys, and sorry for another tire question post....

#283820 - 12/08/03 12:28 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
I recently bought a set of Geolanders AT+II. I did hear/read a lot about them wearing fast, but I came to conclude that they seem all talking about Geolander AT, instead of Geolander AT+II that I bought. So, I'm hoping that AT+II are going to last long enough ...40,000 miles as advertized.

It is all relative when it comes to the sound/road noise. To me, it is VERY quiet. In the city/highway, I can hear the engine sound very clearly. Only time I can hear the road noise loud is when turning the corners. It is simply the sound that the tire is trying to grab the road surface.

I did consider Revo's as well. But, I simply decided to go for Geolander's because the tread patter of Geolanders appeared more aggressive to my eyes than Revo's....for off-road use.

...I do think both tires would perform well... So, I guess you can go for Revo's if you can afford to spend extra... :rolleyes:

#283821 - 12/08/03 01:43 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I brought the yokohama Goe AT+II, it did not seem to be that loud on the hightway. It handle really nice in mud, and for snow we have to wait couple more month for that. I was going to get the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV, but when it came down to the price the Geo won out. If you look @ http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/orat.jsp the Geo AT+II came in third so it can not be that bad.

#283822 - 12/08/03 03:20 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
I just ordered a set of Geolanders for my HPI Rush... Cost me $14

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXEXA3

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#283823 - 12/08/03 07:08 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
For what it's worth I've been doing the same research. I've decided on the Yokohoma's. I won't buy them for another months. I'm also concerned with the rain/ice/snow. I also talked with this guy the other day who had the Yoko's in Oklahoma. He said during the last ice storm they worked great. He had 40k miles on them. The tread looked great. I was sold.

#283824 - 12/08/03 07:11 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
BlueRebel Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
You probably already have but read the Finally Got The Dueler ATs post, theres a ton of info there. But a quick synopsis...you cant go wrong with them. The people at Firestone couldnt have been anymore helpful (of course the fact they knocked the price down 150 or so $ makes me bias smile ) and were great to deal with. As far as wet road conditions are concerned the Revos out perform every tire I've ever had on the X or my Cherokee and this weekend i had took them off road in muddy conditions and very steep inclines for the first time and they performed beautifully. The Revos have exceeded all my expectations and I definitly reccomend (that just doesnt look like its spelled correctly) them. Any questions not already addressed in my previous thread just ask and i'll be happy to answer.

#283825 - 12/08/03 07:24 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
Looks like you can't go wrong either way. I noticed the miles reported on the chart was about a 1/3 that of the yokohoma. That might factor in.

#283826 - 12/08/03 07:46 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks guys. i'm still undecided, but it looks like the geolanders aren't as bad as i had origionally thought. I'm kind of unsure though about which ones he was trying to sell me (the ATs of the +IIs). The tire that he showed me didn't look quite that aggressive, looked kind of plain actually. But then again, I'm coming from a set of BFG MTs.

I've kind of determined that I can't go wrong with the revo's, but i didn't want to have to spend the extra 175 if i didn't have to.

-r

#283827 - 14/08/03 12:10 PM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
I have read all your post and I'm still undecide on what I going to get I want to get the Yoko Geo II but the dealership only has 3 on stock and don't know when they are gonig to get the other on in They have plent of Bridgestone Duelers AT on stock and BF AT on stock but I'm still undecide on what to get the money is not an issue I just need help on narrowing down my choose thanks in advance confused

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#283828 - 14/08/03 12:18 PM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Are you selling your MT's ? if so, how much ?

#283829 - 14/08/03 02:02 PM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
Anonymous
Unregistered

you mean my MT's?

you don't want those things man, i promise. sears screwed me over big time and never had them balanced right from the first time they were put on. They've got all kinds of funny (unrepairable) wear on them, one of them is out of round, they make a god-awful noise (not just the normal MT whine), and, to top it off, shake the truck all to shit (could've had a chocolate milk commercial in my truck). and sears refused to do anything about the problem, not even a discount on a new set. moral of the story for me is to never ever buy tires from sears again. stick to craftsman tools and that's it. [Finger]

as a side note here on topic, i couldn't take the shaking anymore, so i went with my pocketbook and got the Geolanders. Night and day difference. Now it seems like i'm driving on a pillow...no more shaking, and no more noise. i'm pleased so far, but we'll see how they fare in the mud and snow. only thing i'm concerned with is that the guy who did my alignment said that he got everything in alignment, except that he had the castor tweaked all the way out, and it still pulled to the right a little bit. he didn't know what happened, but repairing that was beyond the scope of his shop. [anyone know anything about repairing this? is it cause of the constant shaking of those stupid MTs?]

but, thanks again for the replies. i hope i made a good decision.

-r

#283830 - 16/08/03 07:02 AM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
colorado_buff Offline

Loc: A mile high.....
Where did you buy the tires? Were you able to get them for the $425 quote?

#283831 - 16/08/03 12:49 PM Re: Yoko Geolanders or Dueler Revo's??
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea, i got them at discount tire over on 28th. The guy hooked it up big time. I got 4 tires + the road hazard junk for 435 (out the door). I don't have the guy's business card anymore, but his name was Kirk H-something.... if you go talk to him, i bet he'd probably give you the same deal if you're interested.

-r

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal