shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#284746 - 13/08/05 08:33 PM "new" toyo open country M/T?
Anonymous
Unregistered

not sure if they are new or not but i haven't really seen much on these. i saw a set on a truck today and they look super sweet!!!

anyone know how they are offroad, puncture resistance, etc...

punture resistance is pretty high. i know alot of you have said the bfg ta/ko's rupture alot but i am on my 9th set and have never blown one and i am abusing them out here in the desert in vegas. i have takens some pretty interesting chunks out of them and am wondering if these will stand up the same.

#284747 - 14/08/05 12:01 PM Re: "new" toyo open country M/T?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I've never used them, but I've never heard a bad word about them. There are groups who swear by them as the best thing since sliced bread.

Now, I've used sliced bread, and it works pretty good from a convenience standpoint...but its traction sucks, and it gets torn up pretty bad unless its toasted.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#284748 - 14/08/05 12:18 PM Re: "new" toyo open country M/T?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Dare to be different.

I went with the Toyo Open Country MT. I guess all that marketing and sponsoring CORR and SCORE teams got to me. laugh I also got a SMOKING deal on them in a 265/75/16. They are much truer to size than the Dueler and are probably a half inch bigger than the Bridgestone.

They are a smilar tread design to the MR/R but more siping which should give them better wet weather traction. I'm guessing they are going to wear better too.

In the brief time I spent on dirt with them this weekend I couldn't spin them or get them stuck.

On both street and dirt it feels like I added an extra inch of travel. The larger lugs seem to soak up dips and ruts more than the AT and the suspension doesn't seem to be working hard.

There is a definate humm, actually more of a wind noise, but with the window down at freeways speeds but with the window up and the radio on normal volume I don't hear a thing.

I can't wait to spend more time with them in the dirt. [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal