shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285118 - 26/04/05 03:56 AM Finally replacing my Grabbers!!!!!
Mojo Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
I'm finally getting rid of the P255/65R16 Grabbers that came on my 2001 SE 4x4! I'm so stoked! I've wanted to get rid of those tires since I bought my X back in Sept 2000, but financial reasons have always prevented it.

I'm planning on going with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo in 255/70R16. I don't do a lot of off-roading, so I'm not interested in going to a much larger tire, but I definitely want something that gets better traction than those Grabbers.

One thing I like about the Revos is the price. They are quite a bit cheaper than the BFG AT, and from the reviews I've read, they're right up there in the same class as far as quality goes.

I am planning on getting them tomorrow I think.

#285119 - 26/04/05 04:50 AM Re: Finally replacing my Grabbers!!!!!
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I know you don't want a much larger tire, and you don't offroad much...but, the 275/70 is a great tire size for what you described.

It is a bit wider, which gives a bit more traction, a little bigger around, than the 255, about an inch each way...but times four, its like having the traction increase of an extra tire's contact patch.

laugh

I ran 275/70/16's as the first replacemt for the Grabbers on my '01X, wow, what an improvement!

Since you chose an All Terrain type tire, I assume you go off road at least once in a while, maybe just dirt roads/firetrails, but something during vacations, etc.

If you never go off road, a Michelin Cross Terrain in that size is an amazing improvement as well, and on road, even better than the REVO...the REVO is amazing in snow, and so is the Michelin...if you go off road occaisionally, or want the option, the REVO is better though.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#285120 - 29/04/05 09:38 AM Re: Finally replacing my Grabbers!!!!!
Mojo Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
Well I went ahead with the 255/70R16 Revos and I'm very happy with them so far. I do go off-road occasionally, mostly when I'm camping/hunting/fishing/etc.

My budget was pretty tight, and the 255/70R16 were a bit cheaper than the 275/70R16. Maybe once I wear these out I will move up to an even larger tire... smile

Meanwhile, the Revos handle great so far and look MUCH better than those stupid Grabbers.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal