2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#285443 - 09/10/07 07:58 PM Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I finally bought my own Xterra! It's a black 2003 SE/SC auto, with 62,000kms, and so far I totally love it, and so does my girlfriend...BONUS!

I'm not planning to do much off-roading with it, it's main purpose is just to give me a lot more space, and get me to where ever I want when ever I want (snow-boarding,camping,fishing...etc).

My Xterra is still riding on it's original BFG Rugged Trail tires, and at first I was going to get the same ones to replace them, but now I'm thinking of getting the BFG AT/KO's. I had these on my 89' Toyota 4x4 and they were an awesome set of tires. I'm trying to keep all the sizes as close to stock as possible, including the diameter of these wheels that I've got my eye on. Let me know what you think, and what other options I may have...THANKS!

Here's a pic of the wheels, I think they'd look great on a black Xterra!

#285444 - 14/10/07 08:29 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would love some feedback on the wheels above, and some other similar options I may have. If any of you have some pics. of an Xterra with this style of wheel (or similar), please post them up here so I can get a better idea of how they'd look on mine. THANKS! smile

#285445 - 15/10/07 06:03 AM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is a nice looking wheel, but being that its made by Eagle it is probably only available with a 3.25" BS (15" wheel, maybe 4" BS with a 16")..thats going to stick the tires out pretty far past the fender. It will work, but you will have to get the truck lifted up a decent amount if you want to be able to turn with 31's.

#285446 - 15/10/07 08:17 AM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
If you want to run stock sized AT kos, ideally, get rims with 5.5" of back spacing.

If you get rims with less BS, you tend to get rub.

laugh

You could of course do a body lift to help fit the larger arc the tires will swing through with less BS...but, as it sounds like you just want better tires of the same size, that's a bit of effort as a work around.

Maybe consider keeping the stock rims, and just getting the AT kos for them, or, finding rims with 5.5" of BS that you also like.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#285447 - 15/10/07 11:10 AM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the feed-back, I'm not sure about the back spacing for these wheels, but they are avail. in the factory 17" diameter. I'm not in a huge hurry to get new wheels just yet, but I am going to try and get more info. about them in the next little while. As far as tires go, I've been looking at all sorts of different tires out there, but the BFG AT/KO seems to have all the qualities I'm looking for so I'll prob. go with them. THANKS AGAIN! [Wave]

#285448 - 15/10/07 11:09 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are avail in a 17", with a 9" width..and the BS is a little over 4.5". I am running a 15x8 wth a 4.75" BS( i do have a PML) and i had to trim some plastic to be able to turn w/out rubbing.

#285449 - 16/10/07 10:43 AM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trout...Have you thought about have the stock SC rims powdercoated black...you'd have a perect combo, stock bs with a different look...This is what I thinking about for this next summer...

#285450 - 17/10/07 04:35 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought my xterra for the same reasons as you, i am planning on going with the 265/70/17 bf a/t on the stock 17's painted black (i have a black 03 supercharged also) but dont plan on lifting my x other then torsion bar twist....

#285451 - 17/10/07 07:12 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RDanford:
Trout...Have you thought about have the stock SC rims powdercoated black...you'd have a perect combo, stock bs with a different look...This is what I thinking about for this next summer...
hahaha, It's so funny that you mentioned that, cause thats what I did with my 2003 Spec-V Sentra wheels, and I always got compliments on them, so the thought did cross my mind the other day. Here's a pic. of how the Spec-V wheels turned out...

...The ring inside the wheels is 3M reflective tape, in natural light it's red in colour, and the tape held up very well in all conditions. I thought the wheels looked too plain after I was don painting them, so I added the ring...don't know if I'll do that to the Xterra wheels though. [Uh Oh !]

#285452 - 18/10/07 12:43 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That looks really good. How much did the powder coating cost. Where'd you get it done? How durable is it?

#285453 - 18/10/07 05:33 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did that all myself in my garage. I was very surprised at how well they stood up through the worst weather Vancouver has to offer (which isn't that bad...I know). After I had purchased 18" wheels for my Spec-V, these became my winter set-up. When they are clean, they still look good as the day I took that picture. laugh

#285454 - 18/10/07 06:41 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What type of system/kit did you use in the garage for the powdercoating for the wheels? Looks good and makes me want to do the 17" S/C's wheels before I put the 33's on...

#285455 - 18/10/07 07:23 PM Re: Tire & Wheel upgrade?
Anonymous
Unregistered

This was no kit...it was all done by hand, and a few rattle cans (spray paint). Here's a link to the step-by-step I put up on my CarDomain page for my Sentra Spec-V.... **CLICK**

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal