2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#286733 - 19/02/01 01:38 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by MrTeabag:
u guys are hilarious. God forbid if anyone would ever tell the truth about how they really felt on this board. U shmucks praise every little thing people do, even if what they did wasnt even that good or impressive. Like this system that we're talking about isnt really that impressive, but you guys are talking like this is some godly system that is unbelievable. Please. Get some balls and tell the truth

Mr. Bag,

It's not a matter of having balls or telling the truth. It's about respect and common decency. This attitude you so proudly tout as truth telling would get your arse kicked on a daily basis in the real world. You really think you have balls? Try this: Next time you're walking down the street find the biggest, nastiest, ugliest dude you can and tell him just that. See how long you live. And while he's beating you senseless, try telling him the virtues of always being truthful. The pride you have in your attitude will continue only so long as you can hide behind your computer. What's worse, I haven't seen one post of yours that was worth anything. You aren't here to gain or share knowlege--you are here to make waves. If that's what you want, go to the Yahoo! board. Plenty of guys like you over there to play with. The reason we are here is to gain knowlege, share knowlege, get constructive (key word) criticism, to share a common experience we all have in owning an X or a combination of all of these things. jen_neiffer's purchase may help many people in their search for a new system. Regardless of whether or not they get the same thing. We sure don't want people scared to post for fear that some bonehead will ridicule them by suggesting they must work in a convenience store to buy such a system. Or that their seat covers look like s**t. Nobody needs or wants that. What value are you trying to provide to this board?

------------------
Eric Konarske
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

[This message has been edited by ILUVMYX (edited 02-19-2001).]

#286734 - 19/02/01 04:01 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
Kafka213 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Teabag, please give a description of your Xterra, house, other cars, clothing, income, education, intelligence, or anything else that may provide us with some insight. I will guarantee you that between the rest of us plenty of people have nicer and better quality sh** than you do.

But, I also guarantee that if you weren't such an asshole to everyone, you could post something about yourself and you wouldn't get ridiculed.

Try this. If you don't like someone else's equipment, modification, car, etc. then don't reply to that thread. Do us all a favor and shut up. I can't believe that you are still with us, but as long as you are, grow up and for God's sake "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I suppose you failed out of Kindergarten before you got to learn that one, huh?

------------------
Eric Miller
University of Chicago
Also from southwest MO.

#286735 - 23/02/01 04:11 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
Fletch Offline

Loc: Kearney, MO
Hey jen_neiffer
Did you get your pictures back yet? Interested in seeing your set-up, post them when you can.

------------------
Fletch
"We Know Who You Are... Bronze"

#286736 - 23/02/01 06:16 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jen

The system sounds great. I am very interested in seeing the amp mounted on the roof. I have a JBL GTQ400 I am dying to put in the X with a couple of 12's, but I havn't found a good mounting location for the amp(s) and crossover.

Teabag. It is obvious to me you don't know much about car audio. Its all about the install and the sound. A $1,000 setup can sound better than a $10,000 setup, it all depends on who you have installing the setup. I am not an expert, but I have a huge amount of car audio experience. I have installed everything from stock speaker replacements to an audio/video systems that had a final price tag of over $50,000. YES! that is $50K. So Teabag, this is not the yahoo board, here at XOC we are civil, and we encourage eachother, so grow up or shut up, we don't want to hear your s**t!

------------------
Goliath the X
Cloud White, XE, V-6, Auto, 3-Pack
MAXC Member
http://members.aol.com/goliaththex/xhome.html

#286737 - 25/02/01 10:42 AM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
shek3 Offline

Loc: east northport, ny, usa
Jen,
When you feel like spending some more $ on your system add another amp and an Eclipse sub(in a box)I have a system similar to yours and the sub makes ALL the difference in the world! Mike

------------------

#286738 - 25/02/01 05:14 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
ILUVMYX, I know this is tardy and you may have already received your dX9's, but in case you haven't, I can assure you that they will fit. I ran into problems with the original 6x9's I ordered (yes, they were too deep) and went with dX9's for the exchange and they fit with NO problems.

jeff

------------------

#286739 - 25/02/01 06:07 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
ILUVMYX Offline

Thanks Kirby. I got my DX6s and DX9s last week. The DX9s fit perfectly and seem to sound pretty good too. The DX6s required some minor modifications, but work great anyway.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X

#286740 - 05/03/01 08:00 AM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
Chrisedge Offline

Loc: Aliso Viejo
I have a pair of Polk DB series 6x9's that I'd like to drop in...How deep can I go in the back (Unfortunatly I have Polk DB 5" fronts so those prolly won't work in the X)

I know the DB's were deep, Are the DX's the newer model?

------------------
2001 Xterra SE 4x4 AT
Gold Rush My X

#286741 - 05/03/01 11:05 AM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
FYI, Nakamichi also makes an in-dash tuner/changer and a stand along in-dash changer. Also, Pioneer has an in-dash changer, but no tuner/changer unit.

I have the Nakamichi changer and a Nakamichi tuner/single CD and really like them. I think the Eclipse and the Nakamichi are the nicest and I would have been happy with either one. I went with the Nakamichi setup because I was able to get a better price.

One warning about the in-dash changers. They take a long time to change discs. You get use to it though and when you consider the convenience, it's not that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Hey jen_neiffer, what kind of speakers did they put in? Just curious in case my Polks don't work out when they show up. Post some pics when you get a chance (not like you can take pics of the speakers) but it would be nice to see the rest. I'm amazed Eclipse managed to stuff a six disc changer in a single din receiver! I've been trying to find an in-dash changer too, but have only found a Blaupunkt. The Blaupunkt is only a five disc and it's just a changer--no receiver. Maybe I'll wait a while to get one and see how yours works out.

------------------
ChuckH
2000 SE 4x4, Aztec Red

#286742 - 05/03/01 01:57 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
blue Offline

Loc: Erie, PA
Well, I joined the club today of those who replaced the stock system. I had the Pioneer DEH-P8200R installed with the Infinity Reference component speakers! What a difference! I am Lovin' this new system!!

------------------
Blue
'01 XE/3pk Auto
Just Blue 4x4

#286743 - 05/03/01 02:12 PM Re: I just spent this weeks pay+!!
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrisedge:
I have a pair of Polk DB series 6x9's that I'd like to drop in...How deep can I go in the back (Unfortunatly I have Polk DB 5" fronts so those prolly won't work in the X)

I know the DB's were deep, Are the DX's the newer model?

I don't know where the DB's fit in to all this, but I do know that not all Polks fit. The EXs don't even come close, but the DXs fit nicely. As far as I know, the DXs are the top of Polk's line but I'm not sure. I'm happy with them though. There are two measurements you need to be concerned with. Depth (which is very shallow and eliminates a good number of the available 6x9s) and tweeter protrusion (for lack of a better word) Even if the depth is OK, the tweeter can stick so far out that it hits the grill. The EXs and many other 6x9s out there didn't fit either measurement. None of this is a problem if you are willing to cut holes in your inside body panels. I was not willing.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal