2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#289693 - 10/04/06 07:58 AM Kenwood HU / XM Tuner
Anonymous
Unregistered

anybody here seen/used one of these? I have a Kenwood X579 head unit which I'm VERY happy with. My g/f's car came with XM and I've been very happy with it's sound quality and song selected.

I can get a second sub for $6.99/month off her plan for my X. I'm just looking for advice on this unit...like if it can actually allow my X579 HU to control an XM tuner and if there is any quality loss from the conversion unit between the HU and the tuner.

XM tuner for Kenwood Units

Thanks!

Sky

#289694 - 16/04/06 04:24 PM Re: Kenwood HU / XM Tuner
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have that receiver and antenna for my xm radio. I have placed an xm radio in high end cars and have damaged the outside antenna 1 time. The wire is very fragile and I like this antenna since i did not have to worry about damaging the wire while running an outside magetic antenna and forcing the door moldings over the wire. I love that turtle shape antenna since i dont have to run it through any body moldings. I simply placed it on top of the 05 dash above a plastic piece that was the same size. I popped the plastic square off the top of the dash and took a small drill with a shaving tip to shave a channel for the wire and allow the plastic piece to be popped back to original place. I did not place the xm receiver under the drivers side, everything fit behind the replacement stereo.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal