shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#290124 - 11/12/03 07:47 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
DeepSIX Offline

Loc: where no other SUV has gone be...
LAXterra,

Great find! Guess Bev Hill area would have a lot due to no one use it! Cellphone is king I guess in that area...

$0.02

[ThumbsUp]

A man is not complete until he is married, then he is finished... -Locals

#290125 - 12/12/03 07:08 AM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
WOO HOO!!! Picked up the last 2 at the Radio Shack DeepSIX told me about... Thanks broddah... The price tag on the shelf said $14.99, but rung up at $9.99 apiece!!! Sssscccchhhhweeeetttttt!!!!

Damn LA, 6 of them... NICE!!! Hahhaaah... I've got 3 now!!! One for my brother-in-law (Xmas gift) and the other 2 for myself!!! BTW, I didn't know these had sub-codes on them.... Or should I say "silent codes" according to the box...

Anyways, thanks fellas for helpin' out a member!!! Happy Holidays!!!

- Air B

#290126 - 12/12/03 08:31 AM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
One undocumented feature: Hold down a channel-change button a few seconds and it goes into a scan mode...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#290127 - 12/12/03 04:28 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brent, Check the manual again, it's in there. Atleast it was in my manual.

#290128 - 12/12/03 08:02 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
Most of us in SCCX use these radios and routinely get reception of 20 miles or more. One idea of mounting them is to run the wires along the center console, along the rear floor through the middle of the rear seats and mount the antenna on the rear cargo cover (its metal) this way its always in use, safer from theft, doesn't scratch your roof and you get the same reception. laugh
I tried the roof location and drove from home and was able to talk to my daughter on a handheld up to two miles away I mounted per Buffalo instructions and it worked about the same as having it on the roof.
Thanks again Buffalo, Dan

#290129 - 13/12/03 10:01 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone show me a pic of the "interior" mounting? I just picked up THREE today! $9.97, can't beat it!

#290130 - 14/12/03 07:36 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
DeepSIX Offline

Loc: where no other SUV has gone be...
AirB,

You're welcome! Those were reserved for me for 24hrs, but didn't have time to pick'em up!!!

Glad to help a fellow member.... [Wave]

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
WOO HOO!!! Picked up the last 2 at the Radio Shack DeepSIX told me about... Thanks broddah... The price tag on the shelf said $14.99, but rung up at $9.99 apiece!!! Sssscccchhhhweeeetttttt!!!!

Damn LA, 6 of them... NICE!!! Hahhaaah... I've got 3 now!!! One for my brother-in-law (Xmas gift) and the other 2 for myself!!! BTW, I didn't know these had sub-codes on them.... Or should I say "silent codes" according to the box...

Anyways, thanks fellas for helpin' out a member!!! Happy Holidays!!!

- Air B

A man is not complete until he is married, then he is finished... -Locals

#290131 - 14/12/03 09:10 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Ugghh!

I can't find them in the Shacks up here!

Anyone of you be kind enough to sell me one for a small mark-up plus shipping?

-Rick

#290132 - 15/12/03 06:12 AM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Ghugrim Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, Texas
I can sale you both of mine i dont think i will use them. Just put in a CB and i think i will use that more then these. I got em for 9.99 or something like that so $20.00 bucks and they are yours. Not sure on shipping im in Houston Texas so guesstamate. Shoot me a email zachsprague@hotmail.com Oh one is still in the wrapper the other isnt i tried it out hehe.

#290133 - 15/12/03 10:58 AM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
jbrionesX Offline

Loc: Thousand Oaks.Ca
[/QB][/QUOTE]
I tried the roof location and drove from home and was able to talk to my daughter on a handheld up to two miles away I mounted per Buffalo instructions and it worked about the same as having it on the roof.
Thanks again Buffalo, Dan[/QB][/QUOTE]

I just purchased 3 of them but wasnt able to recieve transmission from my motorola 5710 handhelds. Which handhelds do you have cause i'd like to purchase the same so that they are all compatible?

Thanks!
Bilstein Shocks
Thor Mod
Billet Grill
Yakima Big Powder Hound
X-Net Raingler
Levoc A/T Shifter
NGK Iridium Plugs-BKR5EIX11

#290134 - 16/12/03 08:36 AM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Quote:
Originally posted by jbrionesX:
[/QB]
Thanks again Buffalo, Dan[/QUOTE]

I just purchased 3 of them but wasnt able to recieve transmission from my motorola 5710 handhelds. Which handhelds do you have cause i'd like to purchase the same so that they are all compatible?

Thanks![/QB][/QUOTE]

My daughter used a FRS handheld radio to talk to me. Your 5710 is probably a GSMR/FSR radio. Some Motorolas have a conversion chart with them. Key up on the the Radio Shack radio and scan with your 5710 and fine the channel. Hopefully it will work.
Dan

#290135 - 16/12/03 12:58 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
jbrionesX Offline

Loc: Thousand Oaks.Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by Excelagator:
Quote:
Originally posted by jbrionesX:
[b]
Thanks again Buffalo, Dan[/b]

Thanks![/QB][/QUOTE]

My daughter used a FRS handheld radio to talk to me. Your 5710 is probably a GSMR/FSR radio. Some Motorolas have a conversion chart with them. Key up on the the Radio Shack radio and scan with your 5710 and fine the channel. Hopefully it will work.
Dan[/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks Ill give that a shot!!!!
Bilstein Shocks
Thor Mod
Billet Grill
Yakima Big Powder Hound
X-Net Raingler
Levoc A/T Shifter
NGK Iridium Plugs-BKR5EIX11

#290136 - 01/01/04 09:25 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
My wife and I were browsing Kahala Mall today, here in Hawaii, and spotted 5 of these units at Radio Shack. I purchased all 5. The sales clerk checked the computer and reported that these were the last of the stock on the island of Oahu. $9.97 each! What a difference from the $75.00+ I paid for one of these radios when they first came out.

Sadly, the $2.97 headset adapter, (PN211890) was not available, however, except on Maui.

#290137 - 02/01/04 12:19 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
Quote:
Originally posted by Lopaka:
My wife and I were browsing Kahala Mall today, here in Hawaii, and spotted 5 of these units at Radio Shack. I purchased all 5. The sales clerk checked the computer and reported that these were the last of the stock on the island of Oahu. $9.97 each! What a difference from the $75.00+ I paid for one of these radios when they first came out.

Sadly, the $2.97 headset adapter, (PN211890) was not available, however, except on Maui.
Wow, don't forget your fellow yellow X owner. [Wave]

Chaney

#290138 - 02/01/04 12:41 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
datz510 Offline

Loc: Mesa, AZ
When testing the radio shack radios, keep in mind you can also scan all the FRS channels with them.. Hold down the Channel Up or Down button and it'll beep and start scanning. It stops when it picks up a signal, then continues scanning. Kindof a neat feature when offroading. I usually let mine scan while i'm wheeling in case someone needs help on another channel.

#290139 - 02/01/04 05:12 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
Lopaka Offline

Loc: Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii, ...
Yes datz510, the scanning feature is way cool. These are exceptional radios and I'm surprised they are being discontinued by Radio Shack. I have found that the range of the RS 21-1850 rivals that of GMRS 2 watt units* with fresh batteries. One advantage of this Mobile/Marine unit is that it is always transmitting with a maximum power source

Xtonka, I have one with your name on it. After all, what good is the extra range of my radio when the folks I'm trying to communicate with have weaker radios? wink

*It has come to my attention that the GMRS radio used for comparison, (Motorola T5720), is a 1 watt unit. Please forgive me, this is probably the only mistake I've made all year.

#290140 - 02/01/04 11:06 PM Re: Radio Shack Mobile FRS
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Maybe Radio Shack is coming out with a Mobile GMRS soon that's why they discontinued the mobile FRS. I'm sure to buy that too...after it's been hugely discounted smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal