shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#291515 - 22/04/02 09:28 AM Re: Serious Systems!
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
MRC - do you have a lift on that rig? maybe it's just the removed step rails that make it look higher up.

#291516 - 22/04/02 09:47 AM Re: Serious Systems!
MRC Offline

Loc: N.J
I have Calmini's 3 inch suspension with 285 75 16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTX tires

#291517 - 22/04/02 11:25 AM Re: Serious Systems!
King Kobra Offline

Loc: LI NY
hey mrc, where do the controllers come out of, where are the wires run? do they just go under the front seats, & under the rear?

#291518 - 22/04/02 12:26 PM Re: Serious Systems!
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Damn, you guys (and gals) are sick! I thought I was doing a swell job in the Bug with the system I built, but these are seriously nice!

I haven't done the X yet, but that'll be a nice project one day...

In the Bug I have the following, all in hand-built enclosures, install, etc. Sorry I don't have all the components specifics, I'd have to look them up... They're a bit dated, anyway - but it totally kicks ass for my needs.

- Blaupunkt cassette head unit
- Philips portable CD player
- FM signal booster
- 400w 4-channel amp with 2-channels bridged for sub
- Component/matched tweets, mids and woofs on both left/right sides in rear
- Coaxials in kicker panels on both left/right sides in front
- Single 15" sub strapped to roll cage

...I forgot how I powered the fronts, offhand. They're mostly for fill anyway down in the kicker panels, so I think I might be going through a 150w amp.

(Yeah, it's down in the garage, and it's been a while, heh)

#291519 - 22/04/02 03:44 PM Re: Serious Systems!
MRC Offline

Loc: N.J
I just ran the wires under the seats

#291520 - 23/04/02 04:12 PM Re: Serious Systems!
xxxtera Offline

Loc: tidewater va.
heres my amp and sub install
system consists of:
kenwood excelon x811
kenwood eq kgc7043
rockford fosgate 600a5 5 channel amp
rockford fnq 6.75" components
3 JL 10w6"s
it hit 143db first time out, dont think its to bad for my first install
heres a couple of pics,
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292440053

#291521 - 01/05/02 02:22 PM Re: Serious Systems!
Gnostic Offline

Below is a link to my install in progress. Feel free to comment or make suggestions :-)

SQ-X

#291522 - 01/05/02 07:46 PM Re: Serious Systems!
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Gnostic:
Below is a link to my install in progress. Feel free to comment or make suggestions :-)

SQ-X
Which one's yours? Your link pulls up the vehicle lookup page on sounddomain.

#291523 - 01/05/02 08:09 PM Re: Serious Systems!
Gnostic Offline

dagnabbit, must... layoff... crack...

truly I have fixed in the previous post. Plus it is here:
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/jawest12

sorry:-/

#291524 - 01/05/02 08:45 PM Re: Serious Systems!
p.i.n.o. Offline

Quote:

Nice system you have there! How is your imaging now that you have your tweeters mounted near the A pillar?

#291525 - 01/05/02 08:53 PM Re: Serious Systems!
Gnostic Offline

Thank you. Hopefully I can finish the thing soon. Still have alot to do. The imaging was much imporved by putting the tweeters up there. But I still need to experiment with overall imaging/staging. My HU has time alignment builtin which I also need to take advantage of.

Still have LOTS of vinyl to use. Although I will say the X is quite an enjoyable install vehicle.

#291526 - 01/05/02 09:23 PM Re: Serious Systems!
p.i.n.o. Offline

Keep up the good work. It took a couple of months before my system was to a point where it was considered "finished." A couple more questions for ya, if you don't mind.

How do you like your lcd screen? Around how much did it cost you? Are you able to see out your rear view mirror with the screen down? From your picture, it looks like the screen interferes with your mirror.

#291527 - 02/05/02 06:03 AM Re: Serious Systems!
Gnostic Offline

The LCD screen is nice to have. However, I am looking at getting a bigger one. Additionally the one I have is not as good with off-axis viewing. It does work great for backseat passengers. (I have two young children, hence the DVD and screen, keeps 'em occupied on long trips.)

It does get in the way of the rear view mirror. This does not bother me, but there are options. You can get rear view cameras that hook into your video system to display what is behind you on the monitor. I am planning on also getting monitors for the back of the head rests so that I do not have to have the front one down all the time.

The cost was relatively low for me, as I am the co-owner of a small (emphasis small) car audio business. Has saved me a whole lot of money on the equipment I have. Still not cheap, but alot better.

#291528 - 02/05/02 06:19 AM Re: Serious Systems!
sdx Offline

Loc: Boston
Quote:

Quote:
Orginally from his webpage: Conatins pictures of various equipment installed in my ex. "
Burn him at the stake, ex..... how did she feel about this??? [Finger] laugh

ok, now that i'm done razzing ya, nice setup. Does the Peel 'n seal work? I have never had any luck with the deadening.

anyway, very nice setup! laugh

#291529 - 02/05/02 10:50 AM Re: Serious Systems!
p.i.n.o. Offline

Quote:
The LCD screen is nice to have. However, I am looking at getting a bigger one. Additionally the one I have is not as good with off-axis viewing. It does work great for backseat passengers. (I have two young children, hence the DVD and screen, keeps 'em occupied on long trips.)

It does get in the way of the rear view mirror. This does not bother me, but there are options. You can get rear view cameras that hook into your video system to display what is behind you on the monitor. I am planning on also getting monitors for the back of the head rests so that I do not have to have the front one down all the time.

The cost was relatively low for me, as I am the co-owner of a small (emphasis small) car audio business. Has saved me a whole lot of money on the equipment I have. Still not cheap, but alot better.
Thanks for the info. That is what I'm planning to do. I'd like to get a 7" wide monitor and have a camera in the back so I can use that screen as a rear view mirror. I'm also planning on putting screens in the headrests. I have a connection with a wholesaler so the equipment won't cost me much. Do you have any recommendations on an in dash dvd player?

#291530 - 02/05/02 04:51 PM Re: Serious Systems!
Gnostic Offline

Quote:
Orginally from his webpage: Conatins pictures of various equipment installed in my ex. "
Burn him at the stake, ex..... how did she feel about this??? [Finger] laugh

Hehe, well my EX wife is whole different story, hehe. Guess I need to correct that;-)

Peel-n-Seal worked very well for me. Smells for a few days, but it is bearable. Certainly much cheaper than dynamat. Of course I have used raamat in the past and been pleased with it also.

Sealing off the two sides of the doors GREATLY improved the performance of the midranges.

Almost forgot, thank you for the compliment on the system.

#291531 - 02/05/02 04:57 PM Re: Serious Systems!
Gnostic Offline

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That is what I'm planning to do. I'd like to get a 7" wide monitor and have a camera in the back so I can use that screen as a rear view mirror. I'm also planning on putting screens in the headrests. I have a connection with a wholesaler so the equipment won't cost me much. Do you have any recommendations on an in dash dvd player?
Hmm, there are several good options for in dash DVD player, depending on what you want. There are some great new head units out by Alpine and Clarion that have DVD built-in. Of course they arent cheap.

The best add-on dvd player I have used so far is the Clarion VS715. It has optical and RCA outputs, as well as an AUX input (passes through whenever the DVD player is not on). It has an easy to use remote. It will play MP3's as well. It can be found online for as low as $370, which is not bad IMHO for in dash. It's also 4 volt on its about. Clarion also has a nicer one with the Dolby Digital decoding built-in. Don't get me wrong I am not a Clarion junky. Matter of fact I usually lean towards Alpine, but the latest models of Clarion have turned out quite nicely.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal