2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#291676 - 16/01/06 07:35 PM CDT Audio coaxials - great buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was looking for some good coaxials to replace my fronts in my 2000 and so I surfed some of the car audio forums and came up with CDT Audio. All accounts were that they were excellent coaxials so I took a chance without hearing them and bought a pair of their CL-6Xs. They have an authorized dealer on Ebay (the CDT store) and I was actually able to pick these up for $49.99+$15 s&h. I installed them this past weekend and I'm very pleased.

The stock fronts were somewhat boomy. They had more bass than the CDTs but it wasn't tight. The CDTs have done wonders for the front sound stage. If you're looking for some front replacements that are accurate, tight and articulate then I'd definitely consider these speakers. The stock panasonic speakers that were in there were a joke when it comes to reproducing music and sound across the entire audible frequency range. I'm hearing things in my music that I hadn't heard before.

It was a convenient install too because the CL-6Xs are the same mounting depth as the stock speakers, which I believe are 2.25".

Anyway, just thought I'd put in a good word for 'em if anyone is looking for some good, low cost coaxials.

brad cook

#291677 - 17/01/06 09:51 AM Re: CDT Audio coaxials - great buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's always great to hear of other members' experiences. Thanks for the post! If the CDT's sound erally tight, don't worry, they will lossen up a little when they get broken in with 20-30 hours of play time.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal