shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#291837 - 25/08/03 06:57 PM fog lamp problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I tried to put a higher watt bulb, piaa 55w in the factory fog lights I have on my SE and just kept blowing the fuse. I know I can put a higher fuse in there, but then you draw more on the battery. Has anybody had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it.

#291838 - 25/08/03 07:45 PM Re: fog lamp problem
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I did the same thing...eventually melted the wires leading into the lamp...and the plastic lenses too.

The OEM foglights are toys.

I have a set of PIAA 1500 XT's I'm taking off another rig and swapping in soon, they look like a perfect fit.

smile

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#291839 - 26/08/03 12:13 PM Re: fog lamp problem
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
My '03 X didn't come with the Factory Pre-Wired harness for Fog Lights...so I bought the PIAA 510 driving light Kit and got them installed in the existing Fog Light Holes...came out great...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#291840 - 28/08/03 05:37 PM Re: fog lamp problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone who knows better than me...

My uncle got me a set of driving lights for my '02, and I went and got them installed today - the installer linked them to only be usable when the lowbeams are on (which is neither here nor there, really).

However, when they're on, they throw the light about a foot over the lowbeams (if I turn the high beams on, it shows up in where the middle of the other two are).

How do I go about fixing that? Should I go back to the place that did the install and ask them to aim them correctly (which is my choice) or are they really supposed to be that high?

#291841 - 28/08/03 07:33 PM Re: fog lamp problem
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by patchmonkey:
Someone who knows better than me...

My uncle got me a set of driving lights for my '02, and I went and got them installed today - the installer linked them to only be usable when the lowbeams are on (which is neither here nor there, really).

However, when they're on, they throw the light about a foot over the lowbeams (if I turn the high beams on, it shows up in where the middle of the other two are).

How do I go about fixing that? Should I go back to the place that did the install and ask them to aim them correctly (which is my choice) or are they really supposed to be that high?
In what location of your X did you get them installed ?....if they are under your front Bumper, where the Fog Light holes are...then, you need to aim them as per the Fog Light instructions, and you can find that in xterraparts.com, under the OEM Fog Light Kit...as far as they are installed under the Bumper, you can use Driving Lamps the same as Fog Lamps....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal