2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292083 - 20/02/01 09:15 AM New Amp
Urban Wolf Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA
I just got an amp installed and now there's a buzzing noize coming out of one of the rear speakers. Does anyone know what causes that? It doesn't make the buzzing noise when the ignition is turned to the ACC position, it only does it when the engine is running.

------------------

#292084 - 20/02/01 11:16 AM Re: New Amp
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
I don't know what that is caused by, most of time it is a bad ground on the amp, you can by a noise filter from radio shack or any radio place.

------------------

#292085 - 20/02/01 11:48 AM Re: New Amp
MrTeabag Offline

Loc: New Hyde Park NY USA
where is the amp installed?

------------------
"People say money doesn't buy happiness---Look at the FU%Kin smile on my face baby---ear to ear!"

#292086 - 20/02/01 12:21 PM Re: New Amp
Urban Wolf Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA
The amp was mounted on the back of one of the rear seats. Circuit City installed it, so I'll probably go back and have them check it out. Thanks...

------------------

#292087 - 20/02/01 12:43 PM Re: New Amp
traceyragsdale Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Mine did that and they had to resauter the RCA out on the amp. They tried a noise filter, but it did not do the trick. It was a problem with the amp.

------------------

#292088 - 20/02/01 04:05 PM Re: New Amp
gearhead1972 Offline

Loc: Brewster NY
First off make sure that the screws that hold the amp to the seat are not touching metal on the amp they should be isolated.
Second all ground wires should be attached at the same point.And lastly one of the speaker wires for the speaker that the noise is coming from may have got nicked on install and is touching metal
Any of the aboved mentioned will create a "ground loop" that will introduce noise into the system.
Hope this helps

------------------
Kevin
00' Super Black SE 5 speed
31" BFG M/T's, ARB, Rancho RSX's
superblackxterra.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by gearhead1972 (edited 02-20-2001).]

#292089 - 20/02/01 05:41 PM Re: New Amp
legend Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The little buzzing noise.. If it goes up an down with the rpm's of the engine.. It's called 'engine noise'... A fix for this, i run the remote, and power wires on the opisite side of the car, as the rca's..... In mine.. I have the rca cables going down the left (drivers) side, and the power/remote wires going down the passenger side... an i grounded it in the cargo area.. Hope this helps... Also on a side note, check the rca cables.. cheap ones tend to let in more engine noise... i prefer monster cables myself...

------------------
- Josh
'01 SuperBlack XE 4x4 V6 3pak
Utah Xterras -
http://www.prowlerz.net/xterra/

#292090 - 20/02/01 08:13 PM Re: New Amp
S. Quentin Offline

Loc: LBC, CA
My answer is well alongside Legend's. First of all, Circuit City techs are, for the most part, lazy. They refuse to troubleshoot any further than their minimal installation tasks: Install wire, turn on radio (with engine off, of course)....done....that'll be 89 bucks.

Anyhow, keep power separate from audio cables. The better shielded cables are more expensive (get what you pay for). also get a pair of high quality line converters.

The problem is a combo of: head unit has no pre-amps, audio cable shielding, and grounding.

I had a Toyota Tacoma with the same prob on stock head unit with MTX amp. I left all of the wiring the same (el cheapo RCA, el cheapo line converter, high quality power) and changed the head unit to aftermarket w/preamps. Problem went away.

So all of the replies from the other members needs to be addressed in combination.

Good luck!

------------------

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal