2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292103 - 29/07/03 08:14 PM Xm radio installation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have recently purchased a XM radio reciever with the standard car adapter kit. My problem is that I have the 6 disk CD changer stereo that doesn't have a tape deck so I will have to find an alternate way to connect it to my stero. I see that they have some type of an FM transmitter kit but since I really don't know anything about car stereos and because the kit looked pretty intimadating I wanated to check and see if anyone had any experience installing this or any other sugestions that might be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

#292104 - 29/07/03 10:08 PM Re: Xm radio installation
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
If you have the stock radio, there's no way you can wire it in. The head unit has to be XM ready.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#292105 - 30/07/03 07:43 AM Re: Xm radio installation
SARXterra Offline

Loc: South Central PA
Since you already have the XM radio, All you need is the FM kit, what that does is it goes between your radio and the radio's Antenna, then it connects to the XM radio....This allows you to tune your radio in the Xterra to a unsued staion...such as 88.3 and it feeds the signal from the XM radio to your radio via that station. If you want I can draw a basic digram to show you what has to be connected.

#292106 - 30/07/03 08:09 AM Re: Xm radio installation
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I gone with this mod in the past, and I wasn't overly impressed with the performance of it. The sound in the Xterra isn't exactly sterling to begin with, but the FM Modulator way really kills the sound of satellite radio.

I am currently a Sirius subscriber after having had XM for a while. The quality is the same on both, and dropouts are not that big of an issue with either of them. But, I did get away from the FM modulator and go with a new, dedicated head unit.

#292107 - 31/07/03 10:54 AM Re: Xm radio installation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm interested in a similar setup but need a help from anyone who installed fm modulator that plugs to antena.. How do I connect the power from modulator(redwire) to ignition wire do I have to cut anything?can anyone give details on this. I figured out the rest connecting antena ground and rca cables just don't know how to get 12v acc wire from modulator connected.
thanks

#292108 - 31/07/03 04:08 PM Re: Xm radio installation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the responses!

I'm interested in learning more on how to insall the Fm Modulator so any more detailed info on doing so would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal