2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293580 - 07/07/06 11:02 PM Trailer wiring question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok I have searched the topics but cant find anything similar to the problem I am having hopefully someone can help me.
I have a double pwc trailer that I smashed the right tail light off of due to m expert backing skills. after I hooked up the new light it doesn't work when brakes are pressed or turn signal is activated. The left side works fine along with running lights. At first I figured it wasn't grounded properly but when I turn on the headlights it lights up but turn and brake don't work. I hooked up another trailer and it has the same problem which leads me to believe that its the wiring in the xterra. So here's my question, Is there a separate fuse for just the right brake and turn signal in the trailer harness that might have blown? or something more serious?

#293581 - 08/07/06 06:43 PM Re: Trailer wiring question
Steve49589 Offline

Loc: Windsor Locks, CT USA
No fuse.
My guess is that the wires may be crossed at the new light.

More info on wiring here...
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001394#000002

#293582 - 09/07/06 07:58 PM Re: Trailer wiring question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its not the trailer I tested the 7 pin receiver on the x and its not getting power to the right turn signal. The left turn signal works fine. Can anyone help me?

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal