2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#293677 - 11/06/03 06:08 AM Stock 6 CD Changer (mod or scrap?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone out there managed to make the stock deck sound great? If so, what did you do to it? I was thinking of just swapping out the amp and speakers, and I guess what I'm asking is if it's worth the bother???

#293678 - 16/06/03 10:54 AM Re: Stock 6 CD Changer (mod or scrap?)
sb Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
i replaced my stock stereo ( still have stock speakers) and i noticed a big difference... i don't think stock 6 disk cd changer any good
sergei

#293679 - 16/06/03 07:02 PM Re: Stock 6 CD Changer (mod or scrap?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

The stock system can be made to sound pretty decent with the installation of an amp or upgrading the speakers. Better yet, both. You can always upgrade the head unit later.

#293680 - 17/06/03 01:44 PM Re: Stock 6 CD Changer (mod or scrap?)
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
If you look hard enough, you can find audiophile geeks out there that would be happy to have a project like upgrading a stock system. I had a friend in Austin that owned an a/v repair store, and he would routinely take Alpines/Kenwoods/etc and upgrade the internal components for better noise control or add balanced outputs, whatever.

It was a welcome change for him, compared to the same old amp repairs every day.

If I remember correctly, a common audiophile upgrade is to replace electrolytic capacitors in the audio path with polyester or Tantalum caps, since poly won't smear the signal as much as other types will.. search the web. There's info out there.

-=RB

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal