2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#294123 - 13/10/03 08:57 PM Re: Idea for MP3 install in the Xterra.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just get a double din and leave it blank for storage. No biggie! I can't let go of my wheel controls though. Damn I wish they had just made the RF changer with an input on the front.

#294124 - 19/10/03 04:16 PM Re: Idea for MP3 install in the Xterra.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too have a 30Gb iPod which I have been loving since the day I got it. This summer, my girlfriend ordered me an iTrip for my birthday that was supposed to ship out in June. They finally started shipping them this week and I hope to get mine very soon. The iTrip is an FM broadcaster that sits on top of the new iPod and uses power from the iPod. What makes it superior to other FM broadcasters like the belkin mentioned earlier in this thread is a digital frequency modulator. You use software on the ipod to set the iTrip to a blank station and it locks on. No drifting! I've played with one for an older iPod but I can't wait till mine gets here. I'll try to post a review here after I've played with it for a few days.

#294125 - 19/10/03 11:23 PM Re: Idea for MP3 install in the Xterra.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please let us know how it works when you get it.

Thanks

#294126 - 20/10/03 09:01 AM Re: Idea for MP3 install in the Xterra.
MaloCS Offline

Good luck on the iTrip. The reviews I have read haven't been very favorable. Lots of static and poor quality. In fact, I have a friend that purchased an iPod and iTrip. The iTrip was returned ASAP.

This is why I leaned toward the FM Modulator. I figured a hardwired configuration was better then the broadcasting type. I was wrong. The hardwired FM Modulator was crap as well.

The only acceptable way to hook up your iPod to an in-dash cd tuner is if your tuner has an auxillary input. Face it folks, all this other crap doesn't work. There's an old saying: Just cause you poor syrup on shit don't make it pancakes.

Take my advice, GET A NEW TUNER. Unles you like poor quality, static enhanced, muffled music.

#294127 - 01/11/03 02:43 PM Re: Idea for MP3 install in the Xterra.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an iPOD and an FM mod
and i couldnt be happier

i have 5000 song at my disposal
100 playlists
no CDs to scratch, look through, leave on the car seat
just the iPOD and lots of sound

everything doesnt need to be complicated

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts