2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#295717 - 19/02/01 01:23 PM CD player has died
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Wel, my 2000 Xterra XE's CD player just died this weekend. I am about to take it in and have it replaced since it is under warranty, and I have two questions.
First, anybody else have this happen? Did you get the CD out that it may have swallowed?
Second. Were you able to convince the service shop to give you an upgrade, say the SE stereo? Thanks everyone.
Remember The Intimidator...

------------------

#295718 - 19/02/01 02:23 PM Re: CD player has died
EverythingZen Offline

Loc: Houston TX USA
Bummer, is there any power at all to the unit? Or is the CD the only part thats not working? If no power, check fuses. If still power but no CD function, CD might be jammed.

------------------
00' Super Black SE
98' Jeep Wrangler
Sport

#295719 - 19/02/01 04:40 PM Re: CD player has died
ashleynatlanta Offline

The tuner works fine. But the CD has no power, and there is a CD still in it. The little green indicator light is not even lit anymore. When I hit eject, it just grinds and nothing else. Let me leave you with this.

Talk about BS. I went down to Nissan, and they had a technician walk out and look at it with me. I was bringing the truck in on Thursday anyway, but they still have to have the truck in the shop, using the VIN number before they can replace the CD player. Is it me, or does that sound like crap? I mean, the stereo isn't any different than what comes in every base XE, 3 pack. But they won't even order one until the truck is in the shop. Total inconvenience. Same story about the underbpdy rust that was discussed previously. I hate to say it, but it looks like they are ready to give me the shaft.

------------------

#295720 - 19/02/01 05:30 PM Re: CD player has died
legend Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ack.. not good..=-/ I'm always the type within the first month i buy a new car, the stock deck is gone an replaced with something else.. =-) Don't lettem shaft ya! stand your ground.. an who knows.. try multiple dealerships..? sometimes that'll help...

------------------
- Josh
'01 SuperBlack XE 4x4 V6 3pak
Utah Xterras -
http://www.prowlerz.net/xterra/

#295721 - 19/02/01 07:08 PM Re: CD player has died
ashleynatlanta Offline

Thanks Zen and Legend. I am gonna be on their a$$e$ come tomorrow morning. If I don't get results, somebody gets whacked.

------------------

#295722 - 19/02/01 09:42 PM Re: CD player has died
legend Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ack! ok.. I'm now ducking and hiding from you..=-) I dun wanna get hit.. lol.... I wish ya luck.. if not.. check out a nice kenwood or clarion..=-) i'm in the middle of building an mp3 player for my x.. Don't worry.. i'll have tons of pics, as well what i'm doing for my fog light switches....

------------------
- Josh
'01 SuperBlack XE 4x4 V6 3pak
Utah Xterras -
http://www.prowlerz.net/xterra/

#295723 - 20/02/01 10:18 PM Re: CD player has died
RonB Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
Ashley - I know that I have read about another stereo eating CDs, though I don't remember who. I think they did get the CD out (when they took it to the dealership).

------------------
RonB
Weapon X - 2000 Blue Xterra SE 2WD
SWXC - Hill Country Chapter Member

#295724 - 21/02/01 05:00 AM Re: CD player has died
ashleynatlanta Offline

Yeah, RonB, I hope I can get the damn thing out. It's my favorite GreenDay Cd and I will be pissed if I can't get it.

I know this was discussed before, but does anyone remember hearing about the stereo that receives digital frequencies? I may try to haggle my dealer to put that one in instead of the stock CD receiver that I have.

------------------

#295725 - 21/02/01 02:19 PM Re: CD player has died
Xterra_guy Offline

Loc: Rogers, AR, USA
I've had my CD palyer replaced twice now. Most recently about a week ago. It's a hasssle to have it crap out on me and then having to go in and have them look at the the thing and decide without even turning the X on to see it doesnt work! Both times I've been in to have it looked at, they spend more time getting my VIN and other info then telling me they'll just order a new one. At least it's under warranty.

If it happens again, I'll raise HELL!!

------------------
2000 Super Black XE-V6 4x4 Sport, Utility

#295726 - 23/02/01 10:35 AM Re: CD player has died
TERRA_AL1 Offline

Loc: Dallas , Tx USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra_guy:
I've had my CD palyer replaced twice now. Most recently about a week ago. It's a hasssle to have it crap out on me and then having to go in and have them look at the the thing and decide without even turning the X on to see it doesnt work! Both times I've been in to have it looked at, they spend more time getting my VIN and other info then telling me they'll just order a new one. At least it's under warranty.

If it happens again, I'll raise HELL!!

Dude! give them HELL!! because my X's stereo
has gone out 3 times. So, I finally told the dealership to give me "Freakin" stereo that works. And it better be an upgrade!
So they did!

Al

------------------

#295727 - 26/02/01 02:16 PM Re: CD player has died
KY Xterra Offline

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
I have problems with mine too, but with a twist! The volume will decrease on it's own.
I had a Sony CD player in a Sentra that did the same thing. It had to be replaced. It lasted 2 years though and I just bought my X in November.

------------------

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal