shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#296020 - 03/06/05 10:26 AM Lighting Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about this idea? When a front bumper is available for the '05 X, I'll be losing the fog lights. What if I wire the new off road lights into the stock fog light switch that is on the turn signal stalk?

I think it would be a super clean install, but I'm concerned that the stock wiring to the switch might not be up to the current draw of off road lights.

Any opinions?

#296021 - 03/06/05 11:55 AM Re: Lighting Question
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
What I did with my 01 was to use the switch for my fog lights to trip a relay that was under the hood that would send power to the new lights on the bumper. Tap into the feed under the hood near the existing location for the lights. Use that to trip the relay.

I also made it so those lights would be able to turn on without the main headlights turned on. To do that, it involved removing the steering column plastic cover and tapping into the wires and reworking them so that they didn't rely on one switch on to let the other switch work.

Poke around, someone has explained the process.

#296022 - 03/06/05 09:14 PM Re: Lighting Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

i did it with my 2000 X, all i did was mount the new lights and cut the ends off and splice away, no probs yet.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal