2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#297307 - 20/04/04 05:28 AM Best Dash Kit for 02 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm on the verge of buying an Alpine 9833 for my 02 X SC and was wondering what the best dash kit is for the 02 X? I looked around alot and I think the -7417 Metra Kit is what most installers are using, but I would rather hear from X owners who actually HAVE one in their X and think its a great factory looking fit...

I know that replacing the factory head unit always leaves a "little" less than desired "look" but I that's the price you pay to upgrade your system

#297308 - 20/04/04 10:48 AM Re: Best Dash Kit for 02 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just go to the local dealer and ask for the pocket to replace the double din radio. It will cost about 20 bucks and its all you need to install a new single din radio. Plastic will match the rest of the truck. You can go else where for the pocket and it will be cheaper but the plastic will be of a different type.

#297309 - 20/04/04 11:16 AM Re: Best Dash Kit for 02 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Grand Forks--

The kit he's asking about already includes the pocket and is designed for Nissan.....

He's looking for somebody who knows about the kit.

>

allamricn-

Sorry, but I don't have personal experience with this kit. I believe that most will recommend it. If you get professional installation, make sure they stand behind their work.

Good luck!

#297310 - 20/04/04 01:31 PM Re: Best Dash Kit for 02 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

The thing is you dont need a kit to install an aftermarket radio just the pocket. The mounts for the double din radio work perfectly for both the single din deck and the pocket. The only thing you need to buy is the pocket.

#297311 - 20/04/04 02:59 PM Re: Best Dash Kit for 02 X
n2fireresq Offline

Loc: Missouri
the above kit i have for my '01 X. look at www.crutchfield.com they seem to have the best pricing and if you buy it from them, you get some things free. i got the adapter harness's and the kit, plus free shipping when i got my alpine.

#297312 - 20/04/04 05:19 PM Re: Best Dash Kit for 02 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I installed the Nissan Kit from SoundTrack. ~ $15. It was made for most flavors of Nissan. For the Xterra, you have to trim a few tabs off, as indicated in the instructions. Took about 5 minutes to install and looks very professional. Very simple to install.

#297313 - 16/05/04 07:54 AM Re: Best Dash Kit for 02 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just installed an Alpine 9830, and used a turbo kit from Metra to get the pocket. I basically used the brackets from the stock radio to install the unit. The only problem that I have is that the trim ring that came with the Alpine will not fit. If I install it on the radio the dash piece will not go over it. If I put on the dash piece then try to install the trim ring it wont fit either. The result looks exactly like Grand Forks Xterra's pic. Short of shaving the dash piece to clear the trim ring, have you guys found any other way? Thanks...

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal