2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#297526 - 23/02/01 08:15 PM Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
apexi Offline

Loc: Houston, TX.
I am planning to do a sound system upgrade for my 2000 Xterra XE. Replacing front speakers, and add a sub box. Anyone here has some pics with subwoofer box setup? Thanks.

------------------

#297527 - 28/02/01 08:38 AM Re: Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
FSUX Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL, USA
i have a system in my X, sorry I don't have any picture though. Some advice I can give you is that whatever you put in, make sure that your highs are good. The rear speakers are going to be drowned out by whatever subs you decide to get. This is a problem I have had, i am working on installing some speakers in the rear passenger doors. If you are planning to put a big sub in there then you can pretty much count on not being able to hear your rear speakers at all. Good luck

------------------
00' Alpine Green X

#297528 - 04/03/01 01:59 AM Re: Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Follow the link to my website and click on the "interior" link to see what I did. I used an easy to remove single 10" sub so I wouldn't lose too much space in back.
http://aftershockx.1avenue.com

Quote:
Originally posted by apexi:
I am planning to do a sound system upgrade for my 2000 Xterra XE. Replacing front speakers, and add a sub box. Anyone here has some pics with subwoofer box setup? Thanks.

------------------

#297529 - 04/03/01 11:36 AM Re: Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
PoqFFEMT Offline

Loc: Poquoson, Virginia
ChuckH,

I absolutly LOVE what you have done! Very nice. I only hope that I can do something like you have done. I have a few other components that I'll be installing. So far I have a Pioneer MD head unit and Realistic scanner to put in the dash. I'll be putting the Pineer 12 disc changer in the center console (once I buy a bigger unit) Speakers and Amps will come later as my allowance comes fromt he wife

------------------
~John~

2001 Xterra SE 4X4 Auto
Just Blue

Do you have stairs in your house????

#297530 - 04/03/01 03:48 PM Re: Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
John,

Thanks for the compliments! It wasn't an easy or fast project, but I'm pleased with the results. Took me about 4 months to select and install everything because I like champagne on a beer budget. I shopped around a lot and didn't pay anyone for installation, except about $10 to the guy that cut my rear panel pieces.

The 12 disc changer in the center console is a good idea. I didn't want a changer in back because they are in the way back there and probably would end up getting crushed in my truck. I imagine that is the reason you are putting it up front also. Besides, it's nice to have access to it from the front seats.

Make sure you let us know when it's all done and share some photos and such!

------------------

#297531 - 09/03/01 12:40 PM Re: Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think this is a pretty good system...
Pioneer 8200R CD. yet to skip it.
Pioneer 12 disk changer
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s (aluminum cone) components up front (crossovers mounted behind seat)
Infinity 693.1i 3 way 6x9s in the back (both sets direct replacement
Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 in sub in sealed enclosure (this is cool cause the stereo has a sub on/off switch... When I hit the trails and need the room I just turn it off and yank it out)
Fosgate 600a5 Five Channel amp(mounted behind other rear seat) powering it all witht he assistance of a 1F Cap (careful... already blew a 6x9 out.
Connected together with Stinger Dream series cables.
Also can use my handsfree cellular phone with this sytem. Kicks ass, just open the phone say "call home", phone dials and you just speak into the air... Sound come out the speakers...

I think this is ideal. Not competition grade, just very loud. Low impact on vehicle capability. Can't sleep in the back (amp and Xovers on back of rear seats, bit that's OK.

#297532 - 09/03/01 12:57 PM Re: Anyone has a good system setup for Xterra?
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by apexi:

I just bought an Infinity Basslink sub. I really wanted a sub, but I also wanted something that didn't take up a lot of space and was easily removable if I wanted to take it out. It sounds pretty amazing for what I wanted. I wasn't looking to break any glass, I just wanted something to add some more bass. It puts out a lot more than I thought it would. It's in it's own box, with a 10" woofer on one side, a 10" passive radiator on the other side and a built in 200 watt amp. With quick connects for the wiring, you can take it all the way out with ease. And it takes up very little space anyway. Certainly worth looking into if you don't want to take up all your available space in back.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal